Premiere and 16:9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 15th, 2002, 01:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere and 16:9

When I am shooting I have my notebook firewired to the XL1 and use it as a controlmonitor. I also record each take on the harddisk for replays, which I find very convenient.

I am capturing the footage with Premiere 6.0 and the question is:

During the capture the Movie-Capture-Window shows what´s coming from the camera, BUT when shooting in 16:9 mode it shows the vertically streched 4:3 image, just like the viewfinder of the XL1 does.

After the capture, when the clip is moved to the Monitor-Window, the footage is displayed in the correct 16:9 ratio and everythig is fine.

At the moment I am resizing the Movie-Capture-Window during the capture and more or less squeeze the image to its right proportions, so I can see the live footage correctly. This seems like a crude solution to me. Is there any other way to get the Capture-Window to the correct ratio?

Cheers, Peter
Peter Koller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2002, 02:11 PM   #2
Wrangler

Are you using the 16:9 setting in premiere (bit right at the start when the program starts to boot up)?

Seems a bit of dumb question to ask you, but I thought I would.

Hope this helps,

Ed Smith
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2002, 05:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks for the hint Ed,

the problem seems to be the DV300 driver, it occurs only if I use my customized settings of the DV300 on my desktop pc.

But it seems to work fine when I switch to Premiere´s standard PAL 16:9 setting and the IEE1394 device driver. This Pinnacle thing is a mystery to me...

Thanks for the input,
Peter
Peter Koller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion