Bescor Battery belts Problem - LA-145 - PBR-12XLRNC - ATM-PRB charger at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 15th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Bescor Battery belts Problem - LA-145 - PBR-12XLRNC - ATM-PRB charger

I just bought the Bescor ATM-PRB automatic charger with the Bescor LA-145 battery. The auto charger unit works great with my PBR-12XLRNC battery belt. It lights up when charging and shuts off automatically. -But with the LA-145, the red light does not come on. I cannot tell if charging is happening.

--- Is the ATM-PRB not compatible with the LA-145 battery? ---
Whats the deal? Do I need some other charger?

Also, it would be nice if BESCOR would LABEL the model somewhere on the battery or inside with a sticker or something. I was trying to buy the exact same model of battery belt but could never figure out which one i currently had b/c they don't label them. I ended up buying the wrong one and had to return.

If customers do not complain then companies do not realize something they could easily improve...

Thank you,
Old June 18th, 2007, 10:35 AM   #2
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
I'm not sure about the model numbers you're refering to, but my Bescor "Smart" charger (I think it's the ATM-PRB) works well with all my different brands of 12 volt battery belts. Usually, if the red light doesn't come 'on', the battery doesn't need to be charged. Even then, if I leave a battery connected, the light comes 'on' every now and then, just to 'top off' the battery.

At least that's how it works for me!

Cheers!

Mark
Old June 19th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #3
Major Player

I have learned that the LA145 needs 12 volt charger and the one i have is 14 volt and that i will have to pay $60 bucks for another charger to be able to use this battery...

That stinks. This is becoming way too expensive.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion