Bought One at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM   #1
New Boot

Bought One

Will be getting it in the mail this week. I am not an HMC150 owner. I have a lot to learn!
John Neff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neff View Post
Will be getting it in the mail this week. I am not an HMC150 owner. I have a lot to learn!
Congrats. I've had mine exactly one month today. I have a lot to learn as well, stepping up from the HV30. But man, is this indeed a step up in camera, I love it so far.
Tom Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Major Player

Mine arrived last Wednesday...step up from the GL2....

Lots to learn and way to cold outside to really get to know it. Doing what I can indoors.

Come on springtime...
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:11 PM   #4
Major Player

Congratulations on the new cameras.

I got mine in October and am still learning. It was a big change from the XH-A1 controls.

I strongly suggest getting a cheap long HDMI cable to hook to a HDTV/monitor and start working on the scene file settings to get a look you like.

If you don't have a portable monitor, you can at least point the camera out the window and start tweaking. It's a big help in learning the camera. Some settings have little effect and some have a lot.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 06:14 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Jeff,

I see you're editing with Vegas 8c. What kind of computer setup do you have to handle AVCHD? I might be getting the Panny 150, so I need to replace my measly Core 2 Duo with a new system (probably Intel i7 based).

I can get clips into Vegas and play them right now, but they're a little herky jerky.
D.R. Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:56 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R. Gates View Post
Jeff,

I see you're editing with Vegas 8c. What kind of computer setup do you have to handle AVCHD? I might be getting the Panny 150, so I need to replace my measly Core 2 Duo with a new system (probably Intel i7 based).

I can get clips into Vegas and play them right now, but they're a little herky jerky.
My editing machine is a Q9650 based machine.

No CPU issues, pretty fast. You have to set preview to Preview-Auto. To sharpen or color grade you may want to switch to Best-Full.

You have to have Quad core IMO. But a Duo will work fine, it's just slower and preview is not as good. VLC is also worse without a Quad.
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:00 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply.
D.R. Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:03 AM   #8
New Boot

Thanks for the tip, I don't have a monitor just my Apple Cinema Display. I hope people post scene files like they do for the xh a1! thats one reson I bought the camera. I have found a few good ones here and there.
John Neff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neff View Post
Thanks for the tip, I don't have a monitor just my Apple Cinema Display. I hope people post scene files like they do for the xh a1! thats one reson I bought the camera. I have found a few good ones here and there.
About scene files: I think the market for the HMC-150 is a little more advanced than the XH-A1. Because of that, there is a little less scene file sharing (at least so far) and people just generate their own to suit the occasion. I had to jump into working on scene files for my HMC when I got mine because I was trying to match it to my XH-A1. I learned a lot in that process, I had never made a single scene file previously for my XH-A1 because so many were available, vivid RGB being my favorite.

As there are more and more HMC-150 users, Im sure there will be plenty of new tech info coming.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders