HMC150 Wedding Highlight - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old March 24th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #16
New Boot

Mark, your videos are beautiful, as always. It's nice to see how well the HMC150 can be when used optimally. I'm excited to use mine even more now.
Brendon Costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #17
Major Player

Hi Brendon,

Thanks. The HMC150 not only delivers great images, it is also a joy to work with. It does not take long to get comfortable with the camera and at that point, you can located the different knobs and selectors by feel, without having to look for them. Enjoy your HMC150.
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:27 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi Mark,

I'm trying to fig out how many batteries I would need.. how many hours of shooting will the 5400mah batteries give you with the flip out LCD turned on?

I was actually a bit shocked to see the Minutes counter for the puny battery the HMC came with, I think I can use that to cover the entire bridal preparation.

Yang
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #19
Major Player

Hi Yang,

The 5800 mah battery is rated at about 4 hours. I have never emptied the 5800 battery, but our coverage time for weddings is usually no longer than 6 hours. I do have some longer days coming up in the future, but to date, nothing longer than 6 hours of coverage time.

If you have really long days, you may want to go with two big batteries and one small one. If your days on not that long, you could use the little battery for prep and then charge it while the big battery is running the camera. The good news is that through March 31, Panasonic has a rebate for a large battery and 8 gb card. I don't know how long it takes for the battery to arrive and I don't know when your next shoot is.

I don't like to charge batteries on location, especially if the prep, ceremony and reception are all in different locations, so I have two large batteries, plus the small one for each camera.
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Thanks so much Mark for the time you've spent on making the footage from this camera available. I feel so much more confident about investing in this camera.
Jason McGovern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 12:10 PM   #21
Major Player

Very nice work! I saw this highlight elsewhere, and I was not aware that it was shot with the HMC150. I was thinking more in the lines of HVX170. I was skeptical about this little camera, but after seeing what you accomplished, I may just end up getting that instead on the 170.

Again, very good video. Congratulations.
Frederic Segard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:35 AM   #22
Major Player

Hi Jason and Frederic,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm not that familiar with the 170 but I know it has advantages over the 150. The two advantages the 150 has over the 170 is the purchase price and the 150 is much better at long form productions since it uses SDHC cards instead of P2 cards.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders