HMC-40 at VNA Air Show at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old November 14th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HMC-40 at VNA Air Show

Hey everyone,

Today was a day I was wishing my Manfrotto 561b monopod would hurry up and arrive from B&H. I sure did need it at the air show.

It was a beautiful day: bright and clear, low 80s but windy! So I had more shake than usual with the camcorder.

As ya'll can tell, I tried to follow the action of the aerobatics. That was definitely a challenge, especially when you're trying to dodge a gazillion people walking past you. I'm moderately pleased with how I did, considering I've never even been to an air show before.

Here's the result:

Videos: VNA Air Show flying high in Stuart - Treasure Coast, FL | TCPalm.com
Sherri Nestico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Sherri,

That was fun. Thanks for sharing. You're sure getting some miles on the HMC40.

Is there a place where we can see your work at higher resolution (YouTube, Vimeo)?

Kind Regards,
Dan
Dan Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Dan,

No, sorry, I don't even use the high-def files for my work videos. I transcode everything to SD before dumping them into Premiere. Our corporate online video player doesn't have HD capability. And due to my company being the copyright holder to my work, I'm not allowed to host my videos on any external site.

I actually bought the Panny to use on family outings and vacations, but I like it so much I drafted it for work use. As I get better with it, I'll probably start putting together short vacation pieces in HD and uploading them for everyone to admire ;)
Sherri Nestico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Sherri

Great clip!! I love the way that you give the viewer plenty of variety!! You always seem to manage to squeeze in a few "interviews" and that makes the whole thing so much more interesting!! Most people would give you continuous footage of the aircraft in action but you always show the whole event... well done and you are doing a good job with the HMC40

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks, Chris!

I do try to give the viewer a lot of variety, since I have to convey the feeling of the event in 3 minutes or less. As you notice, I don't do a voiceover like my TV reporter counterparts, except for the occasional question you'll hear me ask the interviewee. I prefer to let the footage and the people define the event.

I'm having a lot of fun learning to get the most out of the HMC-40. I'm tempted to ask Santa to bring me a HMC-150 if the price drops between now and Xmas...:)
Sherri Nestico is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders