MTS Merger - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:19 PM   #16
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Jones View Post
but not real sure about the transcoding and audio dropouts due to 4gb thumbnails.
Just for clarification -- there is absolutely *no* issue with audio dropouts due to the 4GB file sizes, as regards the original footage. If you play back the footage in the camera, you'll see (and hear) that the transition across the file boundaries is absolutely seamless.

So if you encounter any issues, it's your computer software that's doing it -- so please report on what programs are failing to properly handle it, and let's report that bug to the manufacturers of the software.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:55 AM   #17
New Boot

MTS Merger

I work with adobe cs3 on a pc.
I have the i7 processor w/ 6 gbs of ram.
1Tb of hdd space on vista 64 bit.
From tutorials i've seen with ppro cs3, with the 4gb limits of the sd card during recording, where the files end and start up again the audio drops out!!! According to the tutorials.......
Ricco Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:13 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hickling View Post
Rich, can you briefly explain how the booster upgrade rquest works? Do I need to have actually installed Neo to request it? Or can I just use my Neo DVD (or camera?) serial number to validate the request?

The thing is I'm not planning to use Neo presently, and so haven't installed it, but I'd like to keep my future options open.

Thanks.
Graham sorry about the late response, I have been out of town.

You do not need to have Neo installed. Just go the the PASS website and let them know you'd like the upgrade. I just went to the contact section. If things work out like they did for me a new Neo Booster DVD will just show up a month or so later (no notification). Then you can go to the PASS website to get your Neo Booster serial number.

It all worked fine, but the complete lack of any feedback was a bit disturbing.

I was pretty much in the same boat as you with respect to Neo. I had never installed it (i generally use Vegas Pro); but thought I'd give Neo Booster a try. It does work amazingly well with native AVCHD clips, but I still have not made the mental transition from Vegas to Neo )-:
Rich Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #19
New Boot

Super c video converter

Hi guys, has anyone ever heard of, or used the video converter (Super c)? Its a free download and converts alot of different video formats. Just wondering if any of you professionals out there had any knowledge on this for me? Like, the ease or difficulty of use, and does this converter with (AAC Advanced_Audio_Coding) would this eliminate the need for me to use MTS merger to join audio clips together (seemlessly)? I'm planning on buying the hmc 150 and I use ppro cs3 on a pc, and from what I understand, when avchd clips are converted and imported into ppro cs3, where the clips join, the audio drops out! Just doing my homework b4 I make my purchase so i'll know what steps & procedures I have to do, so my learning curve wont be so extensive.
Ricco Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken View Post
Hi Ricco,

Here is a link to download the merger tool.
http://vontraining.net/download/

If you edit on Edius 5 or Edius Neo 2.5 you do not need to merge clips. Those programs merge automatically without missing any frames. Other NLE's have probably solved the problem as well, but you can use the merger tool until your NLE of choice has a fix for missing frames.

Just to be clear...all of the frames are recorded on on the card, it's just a matter of how your NLE sees the footage.

Hi Mark

Do you import it in a special way or do you just drop the chunked parts on the timeline?

Thanks.

/Ulf
Ulf Laursen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #21
Major Player

Hi Ulf,

Just copy the MTS files to your hard drive and bring them into the bin window. Neo 2.5 will automatically join the clips that are larger than 4 gb when you bring them into the bin window.
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #22
Regular Crew

This is great! Thanks a lot Mark :-)

/Ulf
Ulf Laursen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders