Suggestions on monitor hood? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Major Player

Suggestions on monitor hood?

I need a hood for the HMC40's monitor. I bought a Hoodman, which is great, but not practical for the HMC40 because of the buttons on the bottom of the monitor encasing. So to properly operate the HMC40 without having to take out the hood every time, I would have to buy or somehow manufacture a hood that covers the top and sides, but that doesn't put anything on the bottom of the monitor encasing. If anybody knows of a hood like that please post, I'd really hate to waste hours building one myself.
Sebastian Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:30 PM   #2
New Boot

Screen Hoodie

Try here:

Screen Hoodie 30
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

That looks like a quality unit, however, the screen on these cams has a row of buttons along the bottom that it would block or possibly press on. Plus it's a touch screen menu, so a hood with no bottom would be ideal.

I'll keep my eye out Sebastian because I need one as well.
Paul Digges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Sebastian Alvarez,

You know it's very simple to DIY a decent 3 sided hood with a bit of Velcro and some thin hard cardboard, or some plastic (like from an old VHS Hard Case), and maybe some Flat Black paint.

I've made them for all my Cams over the years, for just pennies a piece. You can even make them to fold up, if you want too. This also allows you to make one as "deep" as you may need, as the store-boughts are one sized.

Harold
Harold Schreiber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders