Seeking for some Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old June 21st, 2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Tourist

Seeking for some Help

Hello,

I am new to the forum, and I got a bit of a problem with my camera and being able to transfer footage onto my computer.

I like to know how do I upload digital video fro my Panasonic PV-GS65 to my MAC laptop. I connect the firewire, but the computer does not read it. I set the camera to PC mode, and nothing happens.

Any suggestions please?

thanks
Simona Analte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Simona,

Use an SDHC card reader. I use one that slips into the USB slot, like this one. Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Inner Circle

GS65 is an older tape based unit IIRC? AVCHD cams don't typically have firewire.

Check your cable, they do go bad. If it's not that, you may have a fried firewire port on one end or the other, and you'll have to do some testing with another camera and/or laptop to find out where the problem lies.

I don't know much about Macs, but is the firewire port showing up as hardware so the operating system/application can "see it"?
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders