AG-HMC 150 & LEDs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old July 5th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Trustee

AG-HMC 150 & LEDs

I shoot with a AG-HMC 150 and I do weddings before I got the camera I had full size DV cameras so everything I bought I got Anton/Bauer now I and find that stuff pretty much in compatibal with my new cameras. So I am trying to get all new stuff. I new wireless (my current one is Anton/Bauer only and a new light. Will a light like the Micro pro keep up with my Ultralight I am getting rid of? If not whats a good LED light for weddings? Is there any?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #2
Major Player

the comer 1800 seems to be one of the best
Comer CM-LBPS1800 On-Camera LED Light | L.A. Color Shop
its what ill be getting when i have enough money
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #3
Trustee

I like the look of it, couple questions though. 1. Is there a model that works with Panasonic batteries? what kinda of run time do you get out of the batteries? Is there a dimmer? Or just focus? I was looking at this one.
MicroBeam 128
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Randy,

I used NRG Varalux lights with a battery belt for over 10 years. I tried several different LED lights, but none of them had the throw I was used to. Then I found the Comer 1800. The throw is excellent and I don't have to wear a battery belt.

I use it with the Sony battery mount. A large battery will run the light a full power for a few hours. Since I do not use the light at full power very often, one battery will last the whole reception.

In addition to the excellent throw, the light has a dimmer, which is a must for me.

I removed the barn doors and spotlight focusing lens. With four doors sticking our from the light, it looked just a little too big for me. I also replaced the stock diffusion/color correction filter with a plain white diffusion filter and to correct the color balance, I added a CTO gel. You can get the plain white diffusion filter from LA Color shop.

I don't know if they make a unit with Panasonic batteries, but you can contact Taky and ask him. If not, they do sell a complete kit with a Sony style battery and charger for about $40 more.
Comer CM-LBPS1800 LED Light Starter Kit | L.A. Color Shop
White Diffuser for Comer 1800 | L.A. Color Shop
Old July 8th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Trustee

Thanks Mark! Thats just what I was looking for real world tests in the way I use it! I too used the NRG stuff that is a great company then I switched to Anton bauer about 5 years ago. The Comer sounds like the light for me.
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Randy,

You are welcome. Let me know how you like the Comer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders