VW-VBG6 with Info Chip @5900mAh at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old July 27th, 2010, 07:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

VW-VBG6 with Info Chip @5900mAh

Hi!

For European users, I suggest this compatible battery full decoded rated at 5900mah

Ebay item #330447772610

The buy now price is 64,39€ + reasonable shipping rate to Euro zone (for Italy is only 4,90€), but I have bought it at 55,00€+sh using the "offer" button... ;-). Try lower price, thanks to three attempts allowed.

I have already bought from the same seller one compatible (vbg260) full decoded with chip battery (2800mah) and works flawlessy with remaining minutes in LCD (WOW).

Hope this info will help you.

Bye
Antonio Ricca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I bought a very likely similar (5400mah, over 200 minutes record time with lcd out) VW-VBG6 battery for the HMC150 from this vendor on ebay for $40 as well.

z607 Battery For Panasonic VW-VBG6 SD700 SD9 HS250 HS9 - eBay (item 270611243240 end time Aug-20-10 23:59:23 PDT)
Allan Tabilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Guys

For Australian users I found a HK based guy that has the 260 battery on eBay for a mere $32.00. He guarantees that it's a fully decoded one and can be charged in the HMC chargers and supplies on screen "battery left" indication. He says it has been tested on the 40's, 70's and 150 series without any issues.

I have ordered one and will report back if it works as he says!! If you also want to test one just do a search on eBay australia for "panasonic decoded battery" and you will find a few...haven't found any VB6 suppliers yet but this will be a start...I seldom need to recharge for weddings but a few generic spares will be nice. I currently have a 12v CCTV pack with my own voltage regulator PCB inside to supply 7.3v to the camera BUT there is no time left indication..then again at 6800mah it would probably last a full wedding anyway!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I received today the above mentioned battery rated at 5900mah and fully charged. My hmc151 shows after few seconds the remaining time in the LCD and mine shows 240 minutes. I am sure that after few charge cycles the minutes will be more.
Old August 11th, 2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi Antonio

That sounds about right...I have a 119 min indication on the 2640mah batteries so you are getting double that time ...it's a tiny bit low but you will have to shoot an awful amount of footage to use up 240 minutes!!!!

After charging my batts show various times ..anything from 110 up to 124 mins!! The BIG question is, will the cheaper generic batteries ACTUALLY last for 240 mins...???? I have run one of the 2640's (genuine Panasonic) right down to where it only had 4 mins remaining and it was still good!!!!

I have a feeling that the generic packs won't be as good as the OEM ones...but for the price even if it gives you 200 mins you have a bargain!!

Chris
Old August 12th, 2010, 05:12 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,

from the 151 manual the VBG6 is rated up to 230 minutes (5800mah version) so the estimated 240minutes for my new 5900mah battery seems to be ok.

I need so beefy battery due to the fact I'm a glidecam operator in the local wedding business. It is very annoying to re-balance the sled after a battery change. Last but not least I need huge power because I need to use the LCD anytime and to power the shotgun mic.

Bye
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:57 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Hi Guys

My eBay battery (claimed as fully decoded) arrived today and the camera rejects it!!! It gives the usual "This battery cannot be used in the camera" message however although it was charged I just tried it straight from the box...does anyone know if you have to charge these things with the Panasonic charger so the chip gets information before you can use it or is it just a false claim to sell batteries????

Chris
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,

unfortunately I cannot help you. Before to place the battery in my 151 I tried
to charge with Pana charger. The battery was already full charged but I
leaved for more than an hour. After that I put the battery in camera with full success.
So I cannot confirm if the charger "reset" the inside chip or not.
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Thanks Antonio!!

It charged perfectly with the Panasonic charger but still gives the same error ..I contacted the seller who has asked me to send it back for checking..they will also pay postage and send me a new one too!!

Hopefully the next one will work OK ...they claim to have plenty of HMC70 users!!

Chris
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Just for interest I received a second battery from the same vendor and no dice!!!
It still comes up with the "This Battery Cannot be used in the camera" so the decoding chip obviously doesn't work at all!!

I'll have to try the one that Allan has suggested and hope that works !!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders