extrnal speaker at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old August 13th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #1
Trustee

extrnal speaker

Anyone try and rig a external speaker to their AG-hmc150? Any suggestions?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: extrnal speaker

Hey Randy

The only viable output from the 150 would be either the audio out socket or the headphone jack and that isn't really enough output to drive an external speaker!! However I found a little twin speaker media player that will play from a USB drive and also has a 3.5mm input too. I use it to get a decent sound from my portable DVD player so you could simply plug into the 150's headphone output or get a dual RCA to 3.5mm cable and run from the audio output jacks on the camera.

Just be aware that with a decent volume amp/speaker near the cam, you could quite easily get feedback from any cam mounted mics!!!

If you need a link for the little setup I bought let me know??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: extrnal speaker

I was thinking around the lines of i-pod self powered speakers something with enough volume to monitor wireless mics but small enough to mount somewhere on the camera.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders