AC 160/130 Counter Reset??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old February 19th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Inner Circle

AC 160/130 Counter Reset???

Hi Guys

On my older HMC80's I could set up the camera so the elapsed time of the clip I had shot was shown and when I hit record again the counter started again from zero.

On my 130's I don't seem to be able to achieve this!! It records individual clips fine but the counter just increments total run time not clip run time so I cannot see how long the clip I have just shot is!! I can, of course, just push the counter reset button and that works fine but I'm sure there must be a way to get the TC to reset to zero like the 80 does every time you hit the start button!

Anyone know how to do this..I'm getting tired pressing counter reset after each clip and on Realty shoots I do about 20 clips!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: AC 160/130 Counter Reset???

Menu->Display Setup->Rec Counter->Clip?

...Jerry
Jerry Amende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:00 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hey Jerry

As Homer Simpson would say "DOHHH" !! Thanks so much..how did I miss that!! I went to set zebras a while back and just didn't see it at the bottom..yep, it was set to total not clip

Works perfectly thank you!! The total count was becoming a real nuisance!!

Chris
Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:24 PM   #4
Major Player

My Gawd!

I have a 130 and a 160, and do you think I could remember how to get the clip returning to zero on the 160!! I've been fiddling the swiches inside the LCD for months!!

Thanks Jerry.

Vaughan
Vaughan Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Hey Vaughan

It must be the fact that we walk upside down considering where we live.... either that or the fact that according the the USA guys we drive on the wrong side of the road!!

When doing real estate properties I was really getting tired pressing counter reset!!

I also am getting used to having to adjust ND's!! Walk outside and the cameras immediately ask for ND's. I had one area paved in light concrete and had to go right down to 1/64th!!! Shows how great the sensitivity is!! My next batch of wedding start again on saturday so I looking forward seeing how well the camera does at receptions!!! My previous wedding was still shot on the HMC82's so I am expecting a big change!!

Chris
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Major Player

Hi Chris,

I'd been using a Hmc150 for weddings for several years, but the viewfinder always let it down for focusing.

The 130 is great for weddings, the first time I've ever had a HD camera with a proper HD viewfinder, (including EX 1's).

However the weight doesn't do my back any good, and doing a wedding in 41 degree heat on Saurday made up my mind to retire from weddings this year. (I'll be 63 by then).

Stick to concerts and music clips etc.

Cheers,

vaughan
Vaughan Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders