Canon B4 Adapter Needs Aperture? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old March 15th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #1
Tourist

Canon B4 Adapter Needs Aperture?

Hello to all, I am new to this forum and to the AF100 . .. a newbie. I recently purchase the AF100 that included a Nikon mount for 4/3. The adapter did not have a Aperture ring adjustment, so I order an adapter with one. Still waiting for that to arrive. I also purchased a Canon J12x10B 10-120mm 2/3. I have no clue as to how to get this up and running. So I'm starting with the basics, I'm sure it needs an Canon B4 to micro 4/3 adapter. My first question is 1) the Canon B4 Aperture ring works so a plain 2/3 to 4/5 adapter will do ? ? 2) What do I need to connect all the connector to get the full advantage of this combination, connecters,power souce, etc. . . 3) Anything else you can think of to help get this up and running with the Canon B4 J12x10B 10-120mm I would appreciate.
I'm coming from a Sony VX2100 to an AF100 a different ball game. I guest, I should also consider at sometime getting a "rig" for this. I am all ears
Thanks inadvance, for your help.

Henry

Last edited by Henry Pannniell; March 15th, 2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: update info
Henry Pannniell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Canon B4 Adapter Needs Aperture ? ? ?

The B4 to M4/3 adapter wont have an aperture ring - you use the aperture on the lens.
Lenses for 2/3 cameras wont cover the 4/3 chip unless you use the lens doubler.

If you want to use the servo zoom you'll need a 12volt (broadcast type) battery and a custom cable. do a search on Ebay for 'fujinon af100' and it should bring up some results. I got mine from JonyJib - it also had a connector to allow you to roll/stop recording using the lens.

I don't think there is anyway to interface the auto iris of the lens to the camera.
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Tourist

Re: Canon B4 Adapter Needs Aperture?

Rohan, did you buy an lens doubler, if you did where did you get, or what am I looking for? ? Thanks for the help
Henry Pannniell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #4
Major Player

The 2/3 lenses I have, have the doubler built in - a leaver o the left hand side near where the lens joins the camera body.
There are B4 to B4 doublers available that go between the lens and the camera that do the same thing - the ones that go on the front of the lens are no good for this.
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #5
Trustee

Henry, just be aware that when you put on a doubler, you'll also lose 2 stops of light. So your lens wide open will be roughly around f4.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders