Not able to capture gs 100 dv using firewire at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old July 27th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #1
Major Player

Not able to capture gs 100 dv using firewire

Hi
I keep on getting the 61883.sys file not able to found message.

do u know any driver update, i am using windows ME.

thanks

sam
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2003, 09:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Samuel, which editing software are you using? There is some which comes on the CD with the camcorder, but if you can't access it, you need to get your own editing software that is Windows compatible. You might try looking at the GS70 manual to see if you can figure out from that which file on the CD that came with the camcorder would be the one to try (at least once) to download. (By the way, before I even inserted that CD in my Mac - it didn't work - I made sure I had my whole hard drive backed up. It may be easier to buy new software. - Check out some of the other threads to see what Windows users are recommending.)
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2003, 10:43 PM   #3
Major Player

Patricia,

I got the adaptec fire wire card, and using the cable came with that card. I used Adobe Premiere 6.0 to capture the dv.

IT is not at all recognizing, it says no dv device.

I checked in the device drivers in system in control panel, I could see the PCI device

Texas instruments OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 host controller,
under which, NDIS 1394 network adapter is there

so when i connect the camcorder with the firewire and put in vcr mode, ( i already set the av settings to set as DV OUT.)
there is one more device comes as unknown device below the ndis 1394 network.

Any LIGHT on this issue
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2003, 11:35 PM   #4
Major Player

Samuel, all I can tell you is that on my Mac, I plug in the camcorder to the firewire port, switch on the camcorder in playback mode, start iMovie (the editing software), and hit import in iMovie. The software itself is able to run the camcorder at that point to extract clips. If Adobe works the same way and you've tried this and it doesn't work, one cheap trick is to turn everything off, take the PC card out and reinstall it, then turn everything on again. Before I got a Mac, I had a Sony Vaio, and that was often what you had to do to get that clunker moving. Perhaps the person who recommended the PC card you are using can help out?
Old July 28th, 2003, 12:03 AM   #5
Major Player

Samuel, don't know if this will help, but I was browsing a site called desktopvideo and there is a tutorial on the front page of the site for Adobe Premier, including info on capturing from your digicamcorder. Maybe there will be some tips in there to help solve the firewire connection issue.
Old July 28th, 2003, 02:17 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Sam, I have no idea what it could be. I know that my friend just plugged the cable in my cam and it worked perfectly from the first time. No problem at all. He uses windows 2000 pro with SP3 and vegas 4.
Marius Burz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 04:41 AM   #7
Major Player

Samuel, one other suggestion, made on another forum, is that the firewire cable itself could be faulty. Maybe you could take your camcorder in to a shop or to a friend's and try to hook it up to a computer with software that is known to work, but using your cable. (Yes, I know, what happened to that golden promise of plug and play. It's more like plug and get played.)
Old July 28th, 2003, 10:00 PM   #8
Major Player

Success!

Thank you Patricia and Marius

for your wonderful inputs. After all Its Window, so I unplugged the card and reinstalled in another slot and it asked some 1394bus.sys file which i have it on the windows resource CD.

So, there is a entry called AV/C device under which panasonic tape player entry is there in the device managers list, in the control panel.

Now finally I am able to see the video in the computer.

Thanks
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant