Yahoo Group for NV-GS 100K - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 11th, 2003, 11:19 AM   #16
Major Player

Lincoln, Intel 865G chipset is OK and is the only option in the moment for Micro ATX boards (smaller form factor so you can fit it in small cubic box), but it is already a bit old. You wont be surprised to hear that when we talk about computers. There are already quite many makers who offer such small ‘bare bone’ systems. You have to buy the CPU, HD, RAM and the software to make the complete system. The only advantage is nicer and tidier look. Heat is a problem for such limited space cubes and the sound levels produced from the cooling fans are higher.

Normal ATX size towers are much easier for managing the parts inside. You can also insert long PCI cards, few HDs and DVD drives etc. They take a lot of space though.

In the moment there are 2 motherboard brands over the rest – MSI and Gigabyte with the Intel chipsets 865PE or 875. MSI 865PE Neo2-LS is the fastest; Gigabyte 8IPE1000Pro is top performer too. Both support the hyper threading Intel P4 CPUs (2.4 is the smallest and enough for some time), DDR400 (PC3200) RAM 2x256 MB memory, 2 HDs – 40GB system, >40GB UATA100(133) 7200 rpm for video. If you are on low budget still go with the best MB, you can save a bit with RAM (PC2100 instead). Check out this Japanese BTO makers to get idea: www.storm-net.com , cheaper prices at www.3top.co.jp

About capturing and NLE you can pass with the onboard Fire Wire but you have to render every time you want to see what effect did you make with your footage. The other and better choice is to buy some sort of real time IEEE1394 DV board. Prices here are high – for example one of the best is Canopus DV storm 2 (>115000 yen), which comes with large software bundle. You can use it also for capturing analog video and see everything you do in real time not only on PC monitor but also on the TV screen. Cheaper option is Canopus DV Raptor RT Light (no analog input, no Adobe Premiere for 45000 yen).

I hope they don’t kick us from the forum as this post is for other section I think.
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2003, 12:30 PM   #17
Major Player

Bogdan,Shawn, Lincoln.

Its good to know that you are well versed with the Intel chips! but lets be specific with the video cam, rather going away from the topic..
If you want to do R&D on this anyway, Pls start new thread or completely new forum with title "PC support using Intel chipsets!!"

No offence!! thanks,

Sam
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2003, 10:43 PM   #18
Major Player

Scenic pictures added in photo section

Pictures taken using manual mode!

and 10x zoom mode and tele macro mode!

Pls have a look at the photo section!
Old August 13th, 2003, 04:30 PM   #19
New Boot

none taken
just trying to help a person out
didnt plan on it evolving into a chipset thread
pardon me please
thanxxx
Shawn Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2003, 09:50 PM   #20
Major Player

Please post your skilled pictures in yahoo group Picture section and get the comments from our forum members.

I posted some pictures shot in the evening at sun set.
Old August 16th, 2003, 09:16 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Been away for a few days and recorded a few hours of footage on the NV 100K ........
Clear on my Teli a and still working things out....

As the rain was so heavy here in Japan Iand I was camping I didnt get the camera wet but caused the condensation warning light come on....

Take the tape out and wait 2-3 hours....then try again ...if it works then take the tape back out and wait another hour as was in requested in the manual....
As the tent was washed out after three days of struggle in the rain I checked into a hotel wher everytthingf thored out nicely...
The camera continued the problem even after waiting 10 hours in the hotel room and then continued again the next morning when I was filming the old Japanese Lady in the Entrance and the door opened exposing the colid rainy air......waited again and the problem occured several times over two days ....

A little concerning as I thoughty it may be too sensitive..

But now all is fine..

Cheers and hope all is cool and I thanks for the info on the Chipsets and I have since found other forums regarding those questions..
Thanks everyone...
Lincoln Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #22
Major Player

I've got surprised from the same "morning due" message last night too.

Humidity in my house was btween 80-90 but it was raining all day. Anyway I didn't feel this normal as it never happend to other camera I've used. Such thing is supposed to ocure in the winter when you enter warm room from cold and realy mist is on the drum or tape.

On the morning and today the cam worked without any disruption. And the meter shows even 90% but not much rain.

I had also few dropouts. Hmmm... lets open new tread for known problems with this cam.
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:29 PM   #23
Major Player

Please have a look at Donald's still of new york pic

1/2 shutter speed, +6db gain. Very nice.
Old August 21st, 2003, 03:30 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Yeah It just kept on happening! Morning Dew!

It has been so rainy here and now is drying up....but days later this moody NV100K just kept on wanting to have 3-4 hour breaks ....so I would just press the reset button and everyrthing would work fine for a while....then I contacted Panasonic Japan and they said not only to take the tape out put leave the camcorder open to dry the working mechanism....did this andy changed that old tape and now everything seems fine....

They did say howevey if I had any further problems I can not take it to panasonic direct but I have to go through the outlet where I purchased.....

The Plastic Thong Shop in Akihabara who probably only made 20 bucks and asked for the cash before showing me the camcorder....

Dont realy wanna deal with them again...and for now I dont have to....
Cheers,

Lincoln
Old August 22nd, 2003, 11:57 PM   #25
Major Player

Lincoln,

I'm referring to you inquiry posted at Yahoo.

You've already been to the best place to get those Raynox wideconverters..Bic Camera...don't forget to bring your point card. note that the 4500 is cheaper, longer, heavier and lower quality glass than the 6600 (hence cheaper)...the 6600 is even more expensive than the Pany wideconverter, but I prefer the former for having the front thread...so if you're getting the 6600, better get yourself a 72mm MC protector as well...perhaps you could still find some 2nd hand 72mm filters at the 5th floor of Bic Camera Senmon Ten also in Ikebukuro..that's where I got my 72mm filter for my Tamron lens...it will work as well with the Raynox wideconverter. if you have time, you can also check their good selection of 2nd hand SLR cams and lenses at that place.

I understand you haven't even placed any protection on your lens? Grab yourself an MC protector or UV filter from the same store..or from any big electronic store in Tokyo. It costs only JPY1,200.

Regards
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2003, 01:46 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Thanks for the advice Allan,

I will grab a uv filter or protector on my way home from Bic Yurachou tonight...Blow the budget .....and will hold my guns for the wide angle until I check out your reccomendation in Ikubukuro......I'll give yah a few days to go there and have another look if yah need anything.....I think you deserve First Choice......

But to the others dont you buy those second hand stuff.....

Oh...Allan do you do your editing on a PC....I know wrong forum and wrong section and samual has warned us before but,

I am building a special PC just for editing with the NV100 you see...

could yah let me know yah configuration or a reccomended one....Im gonna get the bits off kakaku....I am not sure which motherboard..

My Iranian friend said he can put anything together....I'm not the wiz behind assembly...

Cheers,

lincoln
Old August 23rd, 2003, 02:29 AM   #27
Major Player

Lincoln,

The wideconverters are all yours. Last time I checked, they had at least 2 of 6600 with 43mm thread in various Bic Stores in Ikebukuro area alone. Maybe they also have 1 in Yuurakuchou but not sure...52mm and 58mm are available everywhere, in case you already have a stepdown ring adapter.

I barely do editing...Fond of shooting and watching but VERY lazy to do any editing..I'd rather type (LOL).

Ok but if you want to build a PC, Akihabara is the MECCA (not the main street) but the backstreets...too much selections of all PC parts...too many shops!!! Bic Camera is actually not so bad either, if you use the point card wisely... If you're passing by Yuurakuchou tonight, better check the prices at the 4th Floor (DIY PC floor)...if you want GOOD 2nd hand PCs and PC parts, SOFTMAP is the place to go..near Yuurakuchou station (opposite side of the rails from the International Forum) they have one big branch (housed in a building shaped like a giant slide - used to be a theater house), but for more selections, go to Softmap No. 8 near Akihabara station...

If you want to read more about editing, and suitable PC configurations and HAVE THE TIME, visit Tower Records in Shibuya near Hachiko exit. On the 7th Floor, they have one of the widest selections of English books and magazines in the entire Tokyo Metropolitan area..and as you may well know by now...in books and magazine shops in Japan, you can read as much as you want without buying anything (LOL)...

Cheers!
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2003, 10:23 PM   #28
Major Player

Enjoy the Panorama by GS100K

I Added

Photo / Panorama folder,

New picture of Shaver lake california..

Enjoy!! :-)

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group...ase.yahoo.com/
Old September 8th, 2003, 01:57 PM   #29
Major Player

If you find any problem accessing the yahoo pages,
Pls let me know :-)
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant