gs100k title feature at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 6th, 2003, 12:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

gs100k title feature

My gs100k came with a memory card that included already on it a bunch of pictures that could be used as titles. I had a problem with the card however and had to reformat it... thus losing the titles. Does anyone know if there is a place I can download these titles, or other titles from? Is there any kind of software I can use to create new titles? What format are the title files?

I can still create new titles, but only by using the built in feature that lets you take pictures of objects and then use them to make very basic titles. I really want to be able to import my own though. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Jamie Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2003, 04:44 AM   #2
Outer Circle

That's a new one. I thought the mem card came "clean." Perhaps a GS100 owner can attach them to an e-mail and send it you?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2003, 05:19 PM   #3
New Boot

Jamie, what problem did you have with your SD that required reformating. How did you format, was it done via a computer?
Thanks,
Old December 6th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #4
Major Player

Did you reformat in the camcorder as instructed? If so, I think it's supposed to restore the functions that were accessible originally.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2003, 06:36 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I reformated in camera, but the titles were not there anymore.
I'm not sure what was wrong with the card, because the error messages were all in Japanese. I couldn't access any of my files or take new pictures though, that's why I reformated it.

I don't really care that much about losing the titles, but I would like to be able to make my own somehow. I'm surprised there isn't more information about this feature out there. Don't other Panasonic cams use the same title feature and file formats?
Old December 7th, 2003, 09:34 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Go to www.panasonic.com.au and go to camcorders. There's a "zip" full of 'em.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2003, 09:44 AM   #7
Obstreperous Rex

There's a similar article for what you want to do using the Canon GL2, here. Perhaps you can adapt that method for this Panasonic cam? The process shouldn't be too different... good luck!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2003, 05:52 PM   #8
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : go to panasonic.com.au and go to camcorders.. theyres a zip full of em... -->>>

Wow! Thanks for the link!
This site is great. It has all the software I've been looking for on the US site, but couldn't find.. and its all in English!
Old December 7th, 2003, 06:01 PM   #9
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : There's a similar article for what you want to do using the Canon GL2, here. Perhaps you can adapt that method for this Panasonic cam? The process shouldn't be too different... good luck! -->>>

Thanks for the suggestion, but that process isn't going to work I'm affraid. The canon uses oridinary JPG's, while the Panasonic uses some kind of proprietary format I can't figure out. Maybe there is somewhat to create such files in photoshop, but there is no way to know.

The is a download on the Panasonic Japanese site for something called "MultiMediaCard Title Club 1.0J" however it just seems to be an update. I can't find the full version anywhere.
Jamie Patterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant