some mini reviews at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 20th, 2003, 06:25 AM   #1
Outer Circle

some mini reviews

For what it's worth, this PC Mag. link takes you to some mini cam reviews, including one on the PV-DV953 and Optura Xi. Let me know what you think (of the reviews).

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,4148,2347,00.asp
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2003, 07:12 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Frank,
The reviews appear to be concise, informative, and have the basic features (photo of product, price, mfg address, product features, and comparison to other products of similar quality).

Would have been better if they had some charts to evaluate color, low-light, focus, but otherwise, generally informative and certainly beats the reviews on other sites that dwell on texture of the hand strap and color of the cam body (which may be important information to some prospective buyers).

Best wishes for the Holidays up at your home. Nick
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2003, 07:47 AM   #3
Wrangler

I'll add to the list.

dvspot.com just added a Xi review to their growing list of cam reviews. Included with the reviews are low light and color accuracy samples along with digital stills and even video clips.

http://www.dvspot.com/features/
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 10:14 AM   #4
New Boot

I had considered the Panasonic 953 but didn't like the 7 element lens. I went with the AGEZ50U because it had a 14 element lens which should give quite an increase in optical image quality
Mike Daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 12:28 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
which should give quite an increase in optical image quality
Increasing the amount of lens elements is no guarantee of an increase in quality. Its similar to comparing horsepower specs from car manufacturers. Also, I believe the EZ50 has 13 lens elements instead of the quoted 14. Having said that, I've seen footage from the EZ50 and its quite good. I would have considered this cam except for its lack of a quality widescreen mode. Take note that the EZ50 is a bottom loader as that matters to some.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant