Annoying PV-DV852 problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 27th, 2003, 01:50 AM   #1
New Boot

Annoying PV-DV852 problem

Hi all,

Just received my PV-DV852 from B&H a few days ago. I'm generally very pleased with it. I have a problem though. There seems to be a frame grabbed from one of the early scenes that I shot and stuck in memory somewhere. I think what is happening is that anywhere on the tape that the camcorder leaves an index mark, the index mark happens to be this inadvertant frame that is stored somewhere in the camcorder's memory. I'd like to get rid of this still frame that is left all over the tape, whenever I stop recording. But I can't figure out where this still frame is stored and how to get rid of it. I've removed the SD card. So I know it isn't on the memory card. Any ideas?

Fred
Fred Alberni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2003, 06:25 PM   #2
Outer Circle

I had a similar problem in my picture viewer/edit program. When I "refresh" directory, everything gets fixed.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2003, 09:56 PM   #3
New Boot

Frank,

Last night I removed the SD card trying to isolate the problem. The problem still persisted. Then for the heck of it, I decided to format the SD card. After that the problem seems to have disappeard. Very strange. Just to be sure, I'll refresh the directory as well.

Anyway, I love this camcorder. And, thanks for your suggestion.

Fred
Fred Alberni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2003, 01:30 AM   #4
Outer Circle

Glad it worked out. I read that someone else had a similar problem and re-formated the card, but then he had or created another problem.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant