DV953 or GS200? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old March 3rd, 2004, 10:27 PM   #1
New Boot

DV953 or GS200?

For some reason, information on GS200 is very scarce. It appears that the camera will be released March 15, and its specs are comperable to DV953. (is it a replacement of 953?)

I plan to buy one or the other for filming fast motorsports. (sportbikes) I plan to take plenty of onboard footage and I wanted to ask whether one model would be better than the other. Is there another camera in this price range I should consider?

I plan to call some dealers tomorrow to inquire whether or not GS200 is in fact being released on March 15.

Witold
Witold Chrabaszcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:28 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Specs are not comparable---both the GS120 and GS200 have less video effective pixels than the GS100 and MX5000/PV-DV953, with the GS120 having the least. See here:

http://www.grandeye.com.hk/etx/900/index.html
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:35 PM   #3
Major Player

First published Jap reviews of the GS200 report that it appears to have improved quality video than its predecessor the GS70 in terms of the following:

1. better (less) sharpening (the most common complain about the GS70)
2. color saturation with more impact (direct Japanese translation)
3. improved (cleaner, even less smearing) low-light.

According to a previous Jap review, the GS70 appeared even better than the GS100 in low-light, which in turn is better than the 953. So it seems that if there is one aspect where the GS200 can outperform the 953, it should be low-light.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant