Where can I find a good review of the MX3000/300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old April 1st, 2004, 07:02 AM   #1
Major Player

Where can I find a good review of the MX3000/300

I've been looking at some used but mint condition MX3000 recently and I want to gauge if the store's asking price (approx $775) is worth it.

Frank, perhaps you can describe how the video looks. Is it as sharp as the 953? Is the video clean? How's the color saturation? Any particular weakness of this cam? I have no issues with low-light (house is small and well lighted).

Many thanks!
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2004, 02:53 PM   #2
Outer Circle

There's some review links here:

http://www.mycen.com.my/inbox/mx2.html

The MX3000 is as sharp as the VX2000 (500 playback lines) but with richer color saturation. It's not as sharp as the MX5/953, but plenty sharp I would say. It has a great viewfinder and extremily good built-in audio, as far as built-in audio goes.

Issues? you have to be careful not to force the stop/start button and that "click" dial for those modes: "mode-on-off" (on the right side). One fellow's stop/start button broke off. I can't recall how he did it. I don't think there's any issues with it other than that. The PAL version had the firmware thing, but that was only with the PAL version.

I have no issues with the MX3's low light either. It's actually pretty good.

That MX3000 price is a steal. It sure is a nice cam!
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 08:59 PM   #3
Outer Circle

How used are these MX3000's? Like store demo's or returns? Do they come with a warranty?
Old April 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM   #4
Major Player

It depends on the unit. The one I'm particularly interested in looks like a demo unit (with lots of cheesy stickers) but probably was kept unpowered most of the time, or in a glass shelf because the body and the battery compartment look very fresh (the stickers too). In any case, the store would not and could not verify how an item was previously handled or used.

There is no return policy in Japan.

That store's standard warranty for "used" items is 1 month but for an additional $40, I can get a 3-year warranty. Of course, the extended warranty is what I'd go for.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 09:47 PM   #5
Outer Circle

Quote:
There is no return policy in Japan.
No, I wouldn't think so. It would be too bad for the economy. Canadian law, on the other hand, is quite different---more consumer protection.

If you going to go for that MX3 (the one with the stickers), I'd keep it for yourself. One dealer in the USA is still selling them for almost $3,000. For some reason, many people do just not know how good it is. Plus it blows the doors off of most newer cams in way of low light. The low light issue seems to have vanished from the boards, however. Someone must know something that I don't. :-))

Old May 6th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Re: MX300 - 12X, 180K 'finder and indepth review. :-))

I played with "Puffy" today and rediscovered how much I truly love her. It worked like a charm as I held 'er in my hand. There was no escape for the subjects. 12X deserves respect and there's no disrespect for its 180K peeper, for crisp and clear detail. Yes, Puffy's best. Though I wished she were not so blown up. Other than that I think I will keep her and use her.

Puffy, she's silver not black but shiny and all mine.
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #7
Outer Circle

For some reason my wife really likes my MX300, perhaps because it looks professional and it's PAL; and she's originally from PALsville, or Mesecam Land. I wish Chris would post those pics of her holding the MX300 with the DV Caddie---it shows how professional looking the MX300 looks and how neat that DV Caddie stabilizer is.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant