Ambico .42x Semi-fisheye 46mm lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 05:46 PM   #1
Major Player

Ambico .42x Semi-fisheye 46mm lens

I have posted pictures and videos taken with the Ambico .42x lens in the Gallery on my website. This lens can be found new at a low price. I bought this one at a pawn shop for $24 in the box. It is a native 46mm lens but comes with stepup rings for 49mm and 52mm. I bought a 43-46mm stepup ring from B&H for $3 used.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 06:27 PM   #2
Major Player

Nice shots, i like the extreme distortion. Your site continues to be great man keep up the good work!
Tavis Shaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:52 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, Travis. Please post some GS100 stuff for comparison.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:39 PM   #4
Major Player

will do!
edit:
i wasn't sure how to make an album so i just dumped a screen grab and a still i took in the members area. Feel free to organize into an album if you want.
Old April 4th, 2004, 06:39 AM   #5
Major Player

Ok, you now have an album and I moved your pix into it. Both those pix are awesome! I would like to see some pro cinema widescreen mode video if you get a chance. You can put it in WMV or MOV just keep the file size under 10 meg. In Vegas, I encode my widescreen as 1/2 widescreen 436x240 to give a little more play time.
Old April 4th, 2004, 01:17 PM   #6
Major Player

cool, i'll try to up some stuff later today.
Old April 4th, 2004, 02:51 PM   #7
Major Player

done! I have yet to get a tripod and fluid head, consequently it's a little on the unsteady side so view with that in mind.
Old April 4th, 2004, 03:56 PM   #8
Major Player

Thanks, Tavis. Interesting look. Was there enough light to keep the camera in 60i @ 1/60 or does PS mode switch it to 30p (frame mode) and 1/30...or some other shutter speed.
Old April 4th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #9
Major Player

Pro-cine mode switches it to 30p @1/60th and up. unfortunately the only way to get it to shoot lower than 1/60th is to turn on one of the smooth night modes where it drops the shutter speed to compensate for lack of light, but you have no control over it. When i have some better footage i'll drop it in and post here. Maybe i'll do a comparison of the different modes shooting the same subject with the same aperture/shutter settings.
Tavis Shaver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant