I'm giving it up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old April 27th, 2004, 05:55 PM   #1
Outer Circle

I'm giving it up

Here is my tape: Fuji. Here is my film: Fuji Velvia 50, Konica VX200, Ilford Delta 400 and 100. Here are my filters: mostly Cokins. Here is my mic: Apex 191. Here are my cam bags: Lowepro Vidcam 2, Lowepro Nova 5. Here is my tripod: Manfrotto 055pro. Here is my head: Manfrotto 128RC. Here is my other stabilizer: DV Caddie (which I like a lot). Here is my still cam: Nikon FM2T. Here are my lenses: Nikon E 50mm, 100mm and 135mm (minty metal ring versions). Here are my video cams: JVC DVL9500, Pana MX300. What's missing?? One of them Black Mambas. What else is missing? The Nikkor 28mm F2.0, 50mm F1.8, 105mm F2.5. More "wants:" let me think.... a new computer for NLE. Anything else? Yes. There's always more, like maybe a GS400 with 1/3" CCDs. Now you all know what I have. It's not much, but it keeps me happy. When I'm not shooting video, I'm shooting stills...the high resolution stuff. Have a nice day. :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #2
Trustee

What are you giving up?
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #3
Outer Circle

I gave up what I own in way of camera/camera stuff. You're not allowed to post here because you don't own a Pana or one of its sister cams. But since you asked, I'm going to be trading in my 135mm for the slightly sharper Nikkor 50mm 1.8 (made in China version), since I already own a 100mm---and there's not that big of a difference between the 135 and 100mm. I'm keeping my ears perked for more GS400 info, but the DVC30's got my attention at the moment.
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #4
Trustee

I own a Panny DV1000 deck, 3 phones, a VCR and 2 TV's
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:43 PM   #5
Outer Circle

That's fine and dandy but you don't own a Pana cam, and until then, you cannot join the club---unless Tommy gave you the permission. But you are welcome here if deep down you really want a Pana. Would you like to hear why you want a 3-chip Pana? You won't like it. :-))
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:00 PM   #6
Major Player

Frank, you should get one of that baby for your cams =)
http://www.pstechnik.de/datasheets/d_mini35.htm
(it will help with the Lux too ;-) )

I wonder if it will work with GS400 ...
George Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:55 PM   #7
Outer Circle

Is that one of those attachments for shallower DOF?
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #8
Major Player

yep

tries to make a movie-cam from your miniDV wonder ;)
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:38 PM   #9
Trustee

Kingsway Motion picture reps for that unit in canada.
200 Evans Avenue, Unit 4
Toronto, Ontario M8Z 1J7
+1-416-463-4345

Yes I have Tommy Mc Haupmeisters permssion.

Besides i have something from everyone. I really don't have blind brand loyalty.
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #10
Major Player

I have a Black Mamba and Canon A80. That's all because i am a poor student :( I really need a tripod and mic!
Tavis Shaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #11
Major Player

Bryan, maybe you'll find the following interesting:

click here
Old April 28th, 2004, 12:21 AM   #12
Outer Circle

Bryan, here is my take on the VX verses Pana thing---3 chip consumer against 3 chip consumer/Sony verses Pana. My opinion sways strongly for the VX2000 because it is overall the better cam, beefier, better built / designed, more features and of course, it has lower lux requirements. Another factor I considered is the VX's pro-sized filter threads. Where the MX3 shines is that it's small, handy, cheaper, no need to upgrade the audio and equal resolution. With the newer Pana's, you've got even higher resolution, VX beefiness but even higher LUX requirements than the MX3's (MX3000/MX350---PAL). Furthermore, when the MX3000 came out, it was a lot cheaper than the VX2000, though prices eventually dropped for both, and the MX5/DV953 were even cheaper during their debut compared with the MX3 debut's. In conclusion, bang for the buck lies squarely with the VX2. Would I ever buy a VX2? Nope. It's too heavy for me and too difficult to hold. I've always preferred small whether poker, puffy or upright.

Oh, one final thing. With the promise of the new Panasonic NV/PV-GS400, I may take back everything I said about the VX2000.
Old April 28th, 2004, 01:38 AM   #13
Major Player

heh guys i see how adding one of these 35mm lenses would be great on something like and XL1 but what i don't understand is how it would be all that advantageous on the likes of panas and sony's where you can't remove the lens. isn't the original lens going to be somewhat a bottleneck in terms of performance because you would still have to go through the lens. any comments.

Justin
Old April 28th, 2004, 01:44 AM   #14
Major Player

Problem is that no one has yet seen hide nor hair of the gs400 despite all the talk. Even in Japan, it seems. I'm beginning to believe supervideo that what's coming out next is a PAL version of the gs100, with a new NTSC relative coming in 2005.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 01:57 AM   #15
Major Player

i'm sorry to say patricia but you are gamer than me believing what is published on that site. I don't know how made it or anything in particular but at a quick glance a lot of it seems quite unbelievable. the reason for this is when you look at the computers there talked about. I think most of you would know what i mean. I realise that they are definately made up because i know for a fact that there is no such thing as 3.6ghz laptop but the problem is that it affects the credibility of the rest of the website and gives me the impression that he is publishing mere dreams which we would all love to be part of but probably a little too hopeful. I mean just imagine a pal gs100 HD camera. that would make you in the US rather pi!@ed. i can tell you i would love a slice of that. tell me when!!!!!!

Justin

P.S. i wasn't talking about the part where the US gets pissed off.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant