gs400 stupid information at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old May 6th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

gs400 stupid information

How come there is so much gs400 stupid information? It is HD not DV? It is DV and HD? It has bigger ccds then dv953? Who can I beleive here besides moderaters and members with lots of posts?
Tom E Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #2
Outer Circle

This "GS400 stupid information" comes from some of us speculating using contradictory specs posted on Panasonic websites from Santa's North Pole home to the Tasmania. That's why I suggest to only go with those few specs that Pana sent me, and anything you may find on the Pana Japan website link Allan provided.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 07:47 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
This "GS400 stupid information" comes from some of us speculating using contradictory specs posted on Panasonic websites
God! I'm glad that SOME MODERATOR has finally admitted that the majority of posts recently on this board about the GS400 are TOTALLY MADE UP! Get real people.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:04 PM   #4
Outer Circle

Guy, I don't like misinformation either, but what can you do when some people have their opinions based on faulty Pana bablefished translations? I've been stung before with posting false information, and this information was straight from Pana and JVsee! Even Sunny has posted falsehoods on their sites at times, though Pana US and JVsee US seem to have been the worst offenders over the years. Can, on the other hand has always presented cam specs cleanly, except with their resolution claims---all lies! :-))
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:07 PM   #5
Major Player

Get real, Frank. Are you going to moderate this board, or what?
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:53 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Quote:
Get real, Frank. Are you going to moderate this board, or what?
Guy, I was being real. A couple of times, JVsee US had posted 1/3" CCD when it was a 1/4" CCD. Pana posted 300X optical zoom. Sunny posted progressive scan CCDs for video when in fact it was only 15fps and meant for stills. Can' claimed for years that all their cams have 525 lines of resolution because they are NTSC cams. Etc.

It's not just Tommy and myself that moderate here, but other wrangles as well. When something goes too far over the line, and this line is never in 1 place, I have to edit it or remove it. Furthermore, I cannot choose my friends as a moderator, and I have to respect everyone; but this is what I try do in life anyway.

Members are free to post here, and whether they are right or wrong doesn't matter. However, it's up to all of us to help and correct each other.
Old May 6th, 2004, 11:22 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I just want to get good gs400 information and this is hard.
Tom E Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:14 AM   #8
Outer Circle

Either wait for it, or buy your PV-DV953 now. Isn't your ZR20 still working okay? Consider holding off, shooting more run and gun, and when the time is right, go for it! :-))
Old May 15th, 2004, 08:32 PM   #9
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Guy Bruner : Get real, Frank. Are you going to moderate this board, or what? -->>>

Guy, compared to other forums and sites this is the premier operation so far as DV is concerned (MHO)

Frank and Tommy dispense wisdom interlaced with some wit. Frank is an old hand at separating BS from fact but is known to never have a heavy hand, he lets event run their course. Don't let his gentle touch fool you.

For this Frank and Tom have my upmost respect and Chris and gang get the award for most valuable site. While most other sites are driven by monetary gain, this site is fueled by knowledge, truth and sharing.
Old May 15th, 2004, 08:40 PM   #10
Major Player

Thanks for the advice, Bryan.
Old May 15th, 2004, 09:34 PM   #11
Major Player

for 1200 bucks you can assume 3 1/4" chips, a 43mm lens. No HD.

What the panny will have over the sony will be the 16x9 "cinema wide mode" which looks pretty decent.

It's the gs100 except for bigger lens and chips (we hope). Was the gs100 lens 37mm? I owned one and I can't remember.

I guess 58mm lens is asking too much lol...

Add an xlr and a sennheiser and you could consider it the dvx's lil brother. 30p and 24p and very similar in look and as look as you don't have to transfer to film (30p is not good for this) it'll look pretty good.

The day after I buy this thing Canon will toss out the GL3...lol...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant