GS100 - sound glitches on playback at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old May 11th, 2004, 09:04 PM   #1
Major Player

GS100 - sound glitches on playback

I posted that on the NLE section as I found it out on DV capture.

Actually I've heard ocasional glitches on playback of my home shots but didn't pay much attention until I had do do something more serious.
Now this glitches are really anoying.
Anybody else have experienced something like that? NLE doesn't show any droped frames.

It happens now and then and sound like high pitch scrabmle sound for a fraction of a second. Happens more in the left channel and more often on older tapes recorded on a different cam.
Also it seems it doesn't exist on a quite passages. Is it possible to be rec level connected?

Any idea or advise?
Bogdan Vaglarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:42 AM   #2
Major Player

Have not had the same experience, but I did notice a couple of times that when I downloaded footage using a cheapie cam as a deck, I did get some dropout - with brand new Fuji tape, no less. Doesn't seem to happen if I use the gs100 for downloading. Are you getting the sound problem when you play back the tape on your gs100 or only after it's been downloaded into your NLE? Because I tend to think things go wrong first with one's computer or NLE - it's easy for files to get corrupted. Also, if you're re-using tape, that might add to the chances of problems. Are you recording at 16 bit? I use iMovie, for example, and it seems that it can cause audio track problems if you record at 12-bit.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:44 AM   #3
Outer Circle

Are your heads clean? Do you use "fresh" miniDV tapes or used ones? Are you using a deck to upload your footage---maybe those heads are dirty? Something wrong with the firewire cable or connection?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant