gs400 is gone, the people are gone at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old May 25th, 2004, 03:41 AM   #1
Major Player

gs400 is gone, the people are gone

heh guys where have you all gone. The gs400 may be gone but panasonic still lives on. i reckon panasonic could take some lessons on this and read what people think. Heh, who has moved everything to area 51. isn't is still supposed to come sometime. oh well pana may have lost it for a while and will take a bit to get back in. after all it is the better models that set the reputation for the lower models. people think panasonic and think 953 so they are happy to buy the model below because they can afford it and hope it is as good. people think sony and think vx2100 and as such look harder at the sony models. I hope they haven't hurt their reputation.

Justin
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:06 AM   #2
Major Player

I'm just lurking :-))

Well I still believe something new will be announced very soon. Summer is almost here anyway. Pany Japan should be ready to clear one production line (most probably, that of the GS120) to give way for the new one.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:09 AM   #3
Major Player

lets hope so anyways but it sounds like they might go back to the drawing boards if they have gotten rid of everything. i just hope they hurry up. we still need that part of the market.

Justin
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:18 AM   #4
Major Player

It's a lot cheaper, and faster for Panasonic to release the English version of the black mamba, with digital stills interpolated to 4MP.

Better yet, they should simply resume production of the black mamba and sell it for around JPY70,000, just like the MX5K.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 01:23 AM   #5
Major Player

Do you think Frank will come back if that happens?
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:32 AM   #6
Regular Crew

i'm not gone, just being patient

the specs are still listed on the UK site, it's probably that some of the euro sites had the wrong specs listed hence the a reason perhaps for them being pulled, but i could be wrong. i don't think the GS400 is Vapourware how ever.
Kamal Tailor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant