if possible: better to choose PAL or NTSC GS400? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old July 28th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #16
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Kaku Ito : Andreas,

Now you are getting into how we talked about audio quality. Very much in depth. Don't mind taking a trip to France because the chairman of LaCie asked me to visit him in France sometime. Accroding to him, LaCie firewire hard disk drive D2 has a rack mount option because I requested. Anyway, European cared enough about the image, so PAL is introduced it seems.

Most of the programs in Japan are trashy period. There are some good ones, but rare. They tell lies, don't even study enough.
One difference in NTSC format in NA and Japan is the black level, 7.5IR and 0IR respectedly. That should give you the dynamic difference quite a bit.
Do you realize the Japanese voltage, 100volt is same as North Korea? We are as behind in the power source as North Korea. Most of the recordings in South Korea sounding better than Japanese because of this reason. Just can't make the equipment work steady with 100volt.
What a shame. -->>>

France... I think they still use SECAM instead of PAL, but anyway it's also 50Hz interlaced. And if you go there you can receive PAL programs from other European countries as well. Take a look and let us know your opinion.

Right, the lower end for black level is 0.75V higher in NA than in Japan. So do they have a different dynamic range for DV too? Or also between 16 and 235?

Wow, I didn't know that Japan has only 100 volts. Thought it's something around 110 to 125.
If you go to Europe, don't forget they have 220-240V.
Andreas Winkler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant