nv gs120 is better than pv gs120? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old October 3rd, 2004, 05:18 PM   #1
Tourist

nv gs120 is better than pv gs120?

I recently bought a Gs 120 and was sent a Pv gs120 instead of the Nv gs120. The Nv retails in Australia for around AUS$1800 and I notice the Pv can be bought for US$500(AUS$750). I read on another forum, that P is for the Aussie PAL system and N for the US NTSC system, however this is not correct and in fact I'm finding that the two cameras are very different. I thought the Pv would be the more powerful, better camera, but as it turns out we get the better version here in Australia. Nv has 1.7 megapixel stills versus 1.2megapixel on the Pv. The Nv uses the PAL system and the Pv uses the NTSC system. I suspect the Nv takes better moving pictures too but am unsure. I also believe the NV has a slightly wider range of shutter speeds. If anyone could list all the differences between the two cameras for me I would really appreciate it since I now need to try and get a refund on my purchase. Reviews on your Pv gs120 were great, I wander how good reviews on the Nv gs120 would be considering it seems they have more powerful features (540 x 3 megapixels vs 460 x 3). The Big Question. Why do we get the better camera here. Usually in Aus, we get the inferior version of products sold in the US. Thanks for your time, David.
David Loscialpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM   #2
Outer Circle

The "PV" is NTSC, the "NV" is either NTSC or PAL.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant