Mack warranty for GS400 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old October 4th, 2004, 02:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Mack warranty for GS400

I have not (yet) purchased any extended warranty (aka Mack warranty) for my GS400. Is it worth it? B&H's web site says that the bundled warranty is 1 year parts and 90 days labor. And that 2- and 4-year extended warranties are $70 and $100 and include both parts and labor - not bad relative to the price of the camcorder. But the GS400 has no reliability data yet. I guess the question is - do prosumer camcorders break? Anyone know of the reliability of the predecessor - the DV953?
Because - just one visit to the doc probably costs more than the Mack.
Claus Olesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2004, 04:10 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Claus,

$100 is not so expensive for 4-year extended warranties. Only less than 10% of your camcord price. If I were you, I will buy it for some assurance.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2004, 07:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Most people really don't see a need for the extended warranties, but you need to look at what you're going to be using the cam for, and the kind of mileage you expect to get out of it. When I bought my last cam, I opted for a 2-year extended warranty from Mack, because I plan to replace the camera within the next 2 years, so it made sense to me to be covered in case of something going wrong.

Of course it's entirely up to you, but in my opinion, an extended warranty is a good idea. Just don't get the ones from places like Circuit City where you pay $150 for an additional year! (But of course you do get free head cleanings with it!!!! :-/ )
Curtis Rhoads is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant