Panasonic EZ-1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old October 13th, 2004, 08:30 AM   #1
Tourist

Panasonic EZ-1

I need to rent a camera as a "second" camera for a wedding shoot. The only "local" (90 miles away) rental house has a Panasonic EZ-1 (only thing they have for the day of my shoot). I know nothing about this camera - they say that it is a 3CCD camera, but don't have much other info. I haven't been able to find out very much on the Internet. My "primary" camera is a Panasonic DVC-80. Anybody out there have any feel about the EZ-1?
Thanks in advance.
Richard Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2004, 08:33 AM   #2
Wrangler

All I know is that its pretty dated for a camcorder and definitely odd looking.

Here is one on eBay.

Click here
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2004, 10:44 AM   #3
New Boot

I've actually still use a pvdv1000 which is just the black version of the agez1u. It doesn't have firewire out, so you need either another dv camcorder or a dv deck to transfer the dv files into your computer. As far as footage quality goes, it's almost on par with a vx2000. Does good in low light ( I believe it has 1/3 chips) and good manuel controls. The on board mic (at least mine) isn't great.There's only the mini mic plug and you don't have any controll over audio levels. It doesn't have a flip out lcd, but the viewfinder is about the best one I've ever seen for a mini dv camcorder. It is an old model though, but I've held onto mine for 4 years now cause I'm still satisfied with the qaulity of the footage(I've also got a dvc30). I do notice mine is a little quirky with tape brands, panasonic tapes work with out a problem, but jvc tapes give error codes on ocasion( this could just be my camera),so I'd buy panasonic tapes just to be safe. Battery life sucks- about 50 minutes, so make sure you've got extra batteries or at least some of the extended runtime batteries.
Bill Jernigan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant