Cheap Zoom Controller for DVC30 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old January 24th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #16
Wrangler

Guy, I missed that diagram/photo the first time but thats exactly what I was trying to explain about the bottom can! Thanks!

Carlos, the picture below from Guy's original link shows that the can is actually a two part connector making a total of six connections. I'm looking at the remote now and I see that there is a thin line of plastic between the outside and inside of the can.

Click here
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 01:00 PM   #17
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Tommy Haupfear : Guy, I missed that diagram/photo the first time but thats exactly what I was trying to explain about the bottom can! Thanks!

Carlos, the picture below from Guy's original link shows that the can is actually a two part connector making a total of six connections. I'm looking at the remote now and I see that there is a thin line of plastic between the outside and inside of the can.

-->>>

OK. Then I will have to provide a small metal box that will take the separate mics (fortunately I will still get two) onto two XLR-3, and the other cables onto a XLR-4 or XLR-5.

It looks as if Panasonic went cheap. Instead of providing a proper multi-pin connector they went for a cheaper and not so reliable solution. I would still recommend making an adaptor and leaving it plugged in.

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:10 AM   #18
New Boot

After using the wireless remote control that comes with the DVC30, I find no need whatsoever for the wired remote. The great thing about the wireless is that it seems to pick up commands from a wide range of angles, probably the only angle is does not work from is directly behind the cam for about 30 degrees left and maybe 60 degrees right.

when mounted on a tripod, I have 270 degrees to work with, which is more than enough. Just wanted to be able to control the camera without having to touch it to reduce any shakes from pressing the rocker or even the focus ring.
Michael DeMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 04:12 PM   #19
Major Player

Michael,

What are you using the DVC30 for? ALso, what range are you getting with the wireless remote (how far away from the camera)?

Thanks,
Scott
Scott Shama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #20
New Boot

I am almost embarrased to say, that I am only using the DVC30 to film my newborn twins (5 mos old now), that's it, nothing else. I know its overkill, but on the other hand, it really does perform extremely well in low-light and since we are sort of tied down to the inside of the house for the winter, and the sun goes down early, I don't regret it one bit. My sisters has a small consumer Mini-DV cam, I forget which brand, not Panasonic, and it is unwatchable in low-light.

The remote works as far as about 20 feet, haven't test it any further, that's the biggest room in the house.
Michael DeMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #21
Wrangler

Quote:
I am almost embarrased to say,
Nothing to be embarrased about. I wouldn't call the DVC30 overkill for home movies. I started out with a cheap Sony consumer Digital 8 (TRV120) in 2001 and I was very upset with its indoor performance and while I was laughed at by some I upgraded to a Sony VX2000. I look back at those videos of my now 3 year old daughter and I'm happy I took the plunge. I still keep a VX2000 at home and I just ordered a HDR-FX1 and I'm sure it will get a lot of family use as well (I have 9mo twin boys as well). :)

Now for vacations I want the smallest cam possible and I'm eager to see what Pana replaces the GS400 with.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant