How do i use my gs100 as a webcam??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old February 5th, 2005, 08:44 PM   #1
Major Player

How do i use my gs100 as a webcam???

Like the topic says, how do i use my gs100 as a webcam?
Tavis Shaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Tavis,
I recommend using the GS100 in Firewire for the webcam based on multiple problems with trying to use a camcorder in USB mode. You have to be outside a firewall or a NAT router to make it work. Also, video conference mode on MSN Messenger seems to be more reliable. For more info, go to www.bigblueball.com.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 11:54 PM   #3
Major Player

thanks Guy! oh also is there a way to make the mpeg-4 recording mode not look like total crap? even on the superfine mode or whatever it still looks like crap, am i doing something wrong?
Tavis Shaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2005, 07:01 AM   #4
Major Player

Probably not. MPEG4 is not high quality by any means. That is probably why Panasonic discontinued it across the board on their new cams.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #5
Major Player

From an Apple/Mac user point of view...

iChat easily supports your camcorder via firewire. It is a lot cheaper than buying the excellent Apple iSight camera.

I just leave the tape out and turn the switch to CAM.

(You could even play your video tapes through it and "broadcast" to your receipient under ideal broadband connections)

Having said that, AOL Instant Messenger is compatible with iChat--so you should consider that as a client.

Video conferencing complete with voice and moving pictures is a reality nowadays...and it is leaps and bounds better than CUSEEME was way back in the day.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant