demo gs-400 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:45 PM   #1
New Boot

demo gs-400

I sold my dvc-30 to get the gs-400 i found a demo at bandhso far no tape noise in record or playback is this a good thing meaning i dont have problem with the transport by the way I love this cam better than the dvc-30 it is amazing i will get the mack 2 year since I have a month
Joe Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:34 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I would say that if you have no noise there, then it's definitely a good thing.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 02:27 PM   #3
Trustee

But someone said that noise will happen after several months later.
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:03 PM   #4
Major Player

I have been closely following this issue since September of last year. I only recall one person who had the tape transport noise begin after they had used the camcorder. That doesn't mean the problem won't start after a period of use, but I would think we would have more folks commenting on that at this point.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:21 PM   #5
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Guy Bruner : I have been closely following this issue since September of last year. I only recall one person who had the tape transport noise begin after they had used the camcorder. That doesn't mean the problem won't start after a period of use, but I would think we would have more folks commenting on that at this point. -->>>

That is really good. 8 )
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #6
Major Player

If this does happen and Panasonic fixes it, is the correction permanent or fixed until same problem decides to happen again. I wonder when I buy my GS400 (hopefully when B&H gets another shipment) if this next batch of camcorders was manufactured after this defect (if it is widespread enough) was pointed out to Panasonic, and a correction is now made during manufacturing. So anyone buying a "recently produced" GS400, would not have to worry about that particular flaw. Maybe this is wishful thinking.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant