Panasonic NV-MD9000EN - new cam? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 10th, 2002, 04:41 AM   #1
Outer Circle

Panasonic NV-MD9000EN - new cam?

http://www.panasonic-my.com/products...dvc/MD9000.htm

Is this a new model? Looks interesting.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2002, 03:58 PM   #2
Major Player

The build is very similar to a pro-camera, and yet, it's 1CCD and 800,000 pixels. Uses 43mm filter, so I presume a similar lens to the MX8, 350 and 500 series.

Also, what is Super Image Stabiliser? May be digital instead of optical.

The price is RM5000 (which is about US$1300) and that's pretty cheap.

This cam has been on the Malaysian site since two weeks ago, when I visited. It could have been there even longer!

That seems to me like a good budget model for film/movie students.
Yow Cheong Hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 01:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

It looks like a DVC-15 with a smaller viewscreen and only one CCD.
http://www.dvwonline.com/products/pa..._ag-dvc15.html

I have tested the DVC-10 (same as the 15, but without XLRs and viewscreen) and it has a similiar, if not better, picture than the GL1. (it is believed that they use the GL1 CCD's)

It is also true the stabilizer is digital.

These cameras are very light, and sort of flimsy feeling. Personally, I would not buy one, and I definetly would not buy this new model, which seems to be aimed for low, low, budget cable productions.
Mark Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 01:55 AM   #4
Outer Circle

Hi, PlasmaSMP. Yes, the DVX10 and DVC15 CCDs, lens, DIS and manual controls seem to be the same as the ones on the PV-DV950 and AG-EZ30U CCDs---almost the same as the GL1's CCDs.

Personally, I'd never consider this new 1 chip cam. I think it's somewhat of a step backward. However, it might appeal to some people who are short on cash but want the pro look. But then again, there's always used cams to consider. A couple of years ago, a friend of mine got a GL1 from a pawn shop, and at a fantastic deal---er, steal.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant