Panasonic Recall on PV-DV953 and GS200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Closed Thread

Old November 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Panasonic Recall on PV-DV953 and GS200

Please see this (click) for an important recall of US and Canadian PV-DV953 and GS200 camcorders.
Old December 5th, 2005, 09:07 AM   #2
Major Player

Oh no...

I had the same thing happen to my PV-DV100 last year. Granted, it was three years old when the problem began, but still -- you spend $500 on something, it shouldn't be rendered useless within three years.

The PV-DV100 has been decommissioned for camera work and now serves me as my MiniDV VCR in the edit bay. No problems where that's concerned.

Last year I bought a GS120 as a family camcorder and for shooting B-roll. The Panasonic recall does make me a little nervous.

TJB
Old December 5th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Link in first post has been changed to point to the actual source, which is:

http://www.panasonic.ca/english/cust...tantnotice.asp

Folks, please remember, when posting things of this nature, please point to its *original* location (that is, directly from the manufacturer), and not to some other message board which in turn points to the original.

I'm getting very leery and tired of so-called "informative" posts which serve only to pull our members away to some other web community. That's a highly unethical practice in my opinion and it's about to come to a screeching halt. If you're seriously interested in helping other folks, please do so right here. And the most helpful thing to do in this particular topic is to point people to the original recall notice, which is from Panasonic itself, not from some other forum. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant