New Gs400 or use PDX10 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old January 5th, 2006, 03:41 AM   #16
New Boot

No separate gain. The manual exposure allows the aperture to be opened up and then moves into gain when the aperture is fully open.

Very similar to the Sony's bars but with actual F stop and gain readings in the viewfinder instead of the bar.

Jason
Jason Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Finton
I think the TRV950 also has the same CCDs but uses squeeze mode when recording 16:9.
The TRV-950 is pretty much the same as the PDX-10 in terms of hardware, like the VX-2000 is to the PD-150. The main difference is the firmware. It shoots anamorphic 16:9 like the PDX-10, but uses a smaller portion of the CCD so the resolution isn't as good. Even so, it maps more than 480 vertical lines in 16:9 mode so it should do a better job at 16:9 than cameras like the VX-2100 that have low res CCD's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Finton
Even though Boyd will have my head for it, the GS400 is superior in all but XLR and DVCAM recording abilities.
I've never used a GS-400 but I know they have a loyal following. There is another thing which is worth considering when comparing however. The PDX-10 is part of Sony's professional line, and based on other reports around here, that means you get a completely different level of support.

Personally I haven't touched my PDX-10 in quite awhile since I have a Z1 now. But it gave me years of trouble free service and I was always very happy with it.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant