How much can I get for my GS400? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 5th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #16
Major Player

I am upgrading my equipment and might sell my GS400 now. This is what I have

GS400
all included accessories, most of which not used
43mm UV Lens
43mm Hood
40hrs on the Cam, good condition, 3 minor knicks on it.
Original Box and Packaging.
Pair of headphones

What do you think I could get?
Kyle Prohaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #17
Major Player

Hi Kyle. I see you have been debating this as long as I have. My GS400 is similar, 40 hrs, all original accessories+filters, hood, etc. (but not the original box). About a month ago I went on Ebay, and saw that a brand new one in the original box went for about $1150 Australian, which I thinks is something like $850-900US. It looks like the "sweet spot" for used GS400 was this past spring. I am very fond of mine, and while I have gone the HDV route with a Sony HC-1, I am able to use the GS400 as a B camera and intermix footage with the HC-1. The two work surprisingly well together, and in Vegas its as easy mixing DV and HDV as two DV camera's. Good luck - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #18
Wrangler

A quick search for the last two weeks on eBay revealed auctions ranging from $1200-$1600 but be aware that scam-bidders prey on these large ticket items and I noticed that the majority of the auctions winners had already had their eBay membership revoked (no longer a registered user). Thats not a good sign and makes it even more difficult to gauge the exact value of the GS400.

I also think that its popularity will be on the slide with all the HDV cams and the announcement of upcoming AVCHD models. Now might be a good time to test the waters but if you go the eBay route I would put some concrete rules up front. Time spent on eBay (# of positive feedbacks) and immediate PayPal payment required are two good starts.

Good luck
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #19
Major Player

Thanks Tommy. I have never attempted to sell anything on e-bay. Guess I'm probably the only one left in the world who hasn't done e-bay. How do you go about it? Doesn't e-bay insure that you don't get scammed? If not I would think it would be so prevelent that no one in their right mind would use e-bay anymore.

What ways, other then e-bay, are there to sell a GS400?
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #20
Trustee

Hi Paul,

You are not the only one left in the world who hasn't done e-bay. ;)

Why not put an ads on your local newspaper?

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kepen
Thanks Tommy. I have never attempted to sell anything on e-bay. Guess I'm probably the only one left in the world who hasn't done e-bay. How do you go about it? Doesn't e-bay insure that you don't get scammed? If not I would think it would be so prevelent that no one in their right mind would use e-bay anymore.

What ways, other then e-bay, are there to sell a GS400?
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #21
Major Player

Your best bet, outside eBay, is to list it in the classifieds here or at other camcorder enthusiast sites. There have been three GS400 sold this week from classifieds.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #22
Major Player

Sold it yesterday on Ebay for $1550, 300 more then I paid for it almost a year ago. Man people really want this camera and I know why but sheesh. O well XL2 here I come, :).

-Kyle
Kyle Prohaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #23
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Prohaska
Sold it yesterday on Ebay for $1550, 300 more then I paid for it almost a year ago. Man people really want this camera and I know why but sheesh. O well XL2 here I come, :).

-Kyle
Can't believe it. ;-)

Regards
Leigh
www.smootharm.com
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #24
Wrangler

Wow! Thats what I got for my 1/3" 3CCD VX2000 a few months back and that set me back $2300 originally.

Good luck with the XL2!
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant