Panasonic Support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old February 5th, 2003, 05:17 PM   #1
Outer Circle

Panasonic Support

Once a year I e-mail Panasonic USA with a question or two about their new cams. And every year it takes me about 3 weeks and 20 or more e-mails before I get a reply. So I ask myself, what is wrong with Panasonic USA's support? Do they even have support? Their e-mail:

PBTSSUPPORT@PANASONIC.COM
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2003, 05:57 PM   #2
Trustee

I'm eager to know about Panasonic's support as well......

...I can tell you Canon is awesome, fast and professional- I'm hoping the same from Panasonic.
Old February 6th, 2003, 05:11 AM   #3
Outer Circle

I agree. Canon service here in Canada is great. I can't say the same thing for Sony, JVC and Panasonic. However, I think Pana service in AU is very good. It depends on the country. I guess that survice in Japan from all the cam makers would be great, unlike here.
Old February 7th, 2003, 12:41 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Panasonic Singapore sucks big time. I called about twenty times before I get a reply then I was put to someone who was not around! I can't even find the email address on the local website itself.

I found a new battery for our cam from Pana, CGA-D54S that is smaller than the belt wore one and lasted longer. They didn't even know the product exist!! Asked them about the firmware upgrade for MX300EN and they never really reply me back since last year after they consult the headoffice in Japan.

If there is any Pana representative looking at this right now, I just wanna say this:

YOU ARE NEVER GONNA BEAT SONY USING THIS KIND OF SECOND RATED SERVICE!!!
Old February 7th, 2003, 04:16 AM   #5
Outer Circle

Here in Canada, I would rate them like this:

1) Canon
2)
3)
4)
5) Sony
6)
7)
8)
9)
10) Pana and JVC (It's a tie!!!)

Note: this is a purely subjective evaluation (from my experience and the experience of my friends).

In AU, I'd say Pana is #1. - JVC (don't know). - Canon (don't know). - Sony's definetly last, according to the many e-mail I recieved over the years and from what I read.

* I think it depends with what country you are in.
* Some countries have no support for any cams sold because they are all gray market.
Old February 7th, 2003, 05:58 PM   #6
Outer Circle

I recieved a reply today from PBTSSUPPORT@PANASONIC.COM

The reply states that they do not know what I'm talking about because they only deal with the broadcast stuff. Funny, they didn't give me an alternative e-mail address. Back to square one.
Old February 8th, 2003, 12:46 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Perhaps they never consider DV format as broadcast quality.

It was only recently the debate ended in the VX2000/PD150's Yahoo Forum whether DV is broadcast quality. I thought Pana's division is separated by consumer and Pro departments.
Old February 8th, 2003, 02:25 AM   #8
Outer Circle

Different divisions, yes, but share some of the same cams. Example:

PV-DV952 / AG-EZ50U
PV-DV950 / AG-EZ30U

Also, the pro division owns the consumer division, plus same head office.

Der Schnurrbart meiner Katze ist schwarz, nicht weiss; und wenn ich sie streichle, schnurrt sie.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant