What's the deal with this NV-GS100k? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old November 20th, 2006, 08:33 AM   #1
Tourist

What's the deal with this NV-GS100k?

I recently purhased a used camera, my first one.

It is a Panasonic NV-GS100k, and has been quite easy to pick up, even with japanese manus, thanks to others translating efforts.

My issue is: the video periodically messes up. Very occasionally sections of the screen turn red, and this happens on both the lcd and in the viewfinder, as well as showing up on recorded video. It also happens when i am not even recording, if the camera is on and i am looking at things. This makes me think it is not a dirty head issue, but i am not sure.

I tried shooting with a brand new tape, but obviously if it happens even with no tape, problems persist.

Here is a shot of a red-like issue, though this one looks as though it may be a result of the old tape i was re-recording over...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...puppy/Tape.jpg

Also, when there is a light source in a shot, wierd blue markings will randomly streak down from the light, but not for more than a second.

Here is a screenshot of a blue streak.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...uppy/flare.jpg

The issue then, is shoudl I just return the camera, or would this be a relatively easy fix. I could also try to get a partial refund as there are some issues. The camera was purchased off ebay for just under 500 canadian.

Thanks for your help
Andrew Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:27 AM   #2
Tourist

Could this be a CCD issue?

From looking around in forums here, I see that there was a recall on the gs100k due to ccd problems.

Could this be related? Or would CCD problems be present all the time, not just flickering periodically.

Just a thought.
Andrew Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 06:17 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi Andrew,

The images looks terrible. Absolutely nothing to do with the minidv tape.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM   #4
Major Player

Andrew,
It is very likely that your GS100 has the faulty CCD issue. I would send it back for a refund because trying to get a Japanese model repaired in the US/Canada is highly problematic. If you know someone in Japan, you might be able to get Panasonic Japan to repair it.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant