editing on Express DV? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 30th, 2003, 10:18 AM   #1
Tourist

editing on Express DV?

i'm cutting a documentary that is being shot in 24p advanced on the dvx100. anyone know if it's possible to use express dv? to the best of my knowledge, they don't have a program similar to cinematools.

i've read that the new avid express pro will have specific support for the camera, but i'm hoping not to wait until it's august release.

i don't have much experience with fcp and would love to stick with avid.

any suggestions?

Thanks!
Elizabeth Leliaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 10:35 AM   #2
Space Hipster

If you've shot 24p advanced, I would suggest using DV Filmmaker (www.dvfilm.com) - search in this forum or visit their web-site for more info and detailed FAQ.

It will allow to use Avid. Only downside is extra disk space required, especially for a doc, but disk space is so cheap. I just bought a Western Digital 250 7200rpm for $229 ($329 with $100 mail-in rebate from CompUSA).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant