DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   DVX100 -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/10753-dvx100-various-topics.html)

Ryan Reyes November 10th, 2005 09:42 AM

Price check on DVX100 with 500 hours?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how much one should expect to pay for a perfectly functioning DVX100 with 500 hours logged on it?

If this is the wrong forum to ask, I will gladly post this elsewhere.

Ryan Wachter November 18th, 2005 10:21 AM

dv output

Ok, before I send this thing in for repairs. My dv port does not work right now on my agdvx100. We have tried other wires in different machines, right now no computer can read it. I was told there might be a way to switch that port off. Is this true? I searched the menu and didnt see anything.

Any help? Is it busted?

Boyd Ostroff November 18th, 2005 10:35 AM

There has been some discussion of damaged firewire ports on the DVX-100 before:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=41620
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=50082

Paul Benjamin Robertson November 22nd, 2005 09:32 AM

Purple/Blue Noise in Progressive Mode?

Hey, all,
Last night I was shooting some stuff with my DVX, and I noticed very bad noise on a purple notebook I was shooting. I changed the gamma settings and everything, but it still looked really, really bad. Do you think that this could be a defective CCD? The shot was pretty well-lit but not incredibly so. When I put the notebook closer to the light, the noise disappeared, which leads me to believe that it isn't a problem with the CCD. Any tips on how to reduce purple noise in relatively low-lit areas?

Thanks,
Paul

Imran Zaidi November 22nd, 2005 08:59 PM

Purple is a difficult color for almost any camera to handle in low light. One thing you can do is try to bring the chroma levels down in your scene file settings - it can help with color-related grain in low light. Or you could light it some more. :)

Matt Burns November 24th, 2005 12:11 PM

captureing

hi i was wondering if anyone knew if you have to capture with the dvx-100a to get the 24p out of it or can i just do it with a deck.

Mathieu Ghekiere November 24th, 2005 12:18 PM

I think you can capture it with a deck or even a cheap mini dv camera, but you have to make sure your settings in your NLE are correct.
I don't have the camera, but as it is so with the XL2 (so I've read) it will be so with the DVX too, I suppose...

Mark Holmes November 27th, 2005 03:54 PM

Good Question

I'm wondering what you ended up paying...I am considering selling my DVX-100 with 250 hours on it in preparation for a purchase of an HVX. It's in perfect condition, has only had Panasonic MQ tapes in it, was only used for theatre tapings, a couple shorts and one feature. Anyone have an idea of a fair price for this?

Gary Franks December 31st, 2005 10:22 AM

Just bought a DVX100, anything I should know?

I recently snagged a used DVX100 off eBay for about $1900.00. The camera has 185 hours on it, and looks to be in good shape. aside from Tripod mounting blemishes. I hear everyone talk about the DVX100A, 100B, but rarely see anyone chat about the DVX100.

Based on the forum searches I performed here it seems to be a decent camera, aside from upgrades made for the 100A and 100B. Are there any words of wisdom or threads you can point me to for issues I may need to be aware of, and are there any glitches the camera is known for, that may be out of the ordinary?

Thanks

Tim Hyten January 2nd, 2006 09:22 PM

It's more than a decent cam...It's an excellent camera. You can find out pretty much everything you need to know from Barry Green's book here: http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/dvxbook/

It has everything you'll need to know.

Michael Frank January 23rd, 2006 07:39 PM

DVX100 Kit + Underwater Housing 4 Sale

This is being sold in Sydney Australia.

$5700AUD

CAMERA: Panasonic 3 chip progressive DVX100, Panasonic 16x9 anamorpic lens, 6x W/A adaptor, 3 batteries, Manfrotto record/zoom tripod handle remote, soft case & accessories; very good condition, 160 recording hrs on the clock, on-camera mike & handle zoom a bit tempramental due to loose connection inside. No scratches or marks on lenses.

HOUSING: Equinox Pro-Pak 8 housing, standard dome ports with colour correction filter, W/A dome port (for 6x adaptor) with XLR microphone, 2.5” monitor, hard case. Only used 4 times, no leaks, perfect condition.

Anyone who is interested can email me contact@makovisionfilms.com or local people can call me 0414814859

Tim Hyten January 23rd, 2006 10:00 PM

They have a classifides section. Would probably get more luck there.

Sunil Bhardwaj February 8th, 2006 05:57 AM

Panasonic AG-DVC62E

Hello,

I need some help to purchase a video camera which I will use for wedding as well as event videography. In my search I found that Panasonic AG-DVC 62 is fit in my budget and it has shoulder mount design which is a basic need of wedding photographer but I dont know anything about the Video/Audio quality of this camera. I read few reviews for AG-DVC62 and on Cnet the review showing that it has lead on Sony when budget is matter but I want to have a few words from actual users can anyone help me to provide an unbiased comparison between Sony DSR-PD 170, SONY 2100 and AG-DVC 62.
I go through the specification of AG-DVC62 and I feel it is very good on papers and design of this model is very suitable for me but before spent money I like to listen somthing from actual users that how it is in comparison of SONY my main concern is VIDEO/AUDIO quality.

Martin Duffy February 11th, 2006 07:18 AM

DVC62 reply

I have a DVC62 and have used it for 6 months. I am in some ways very happy with the camera but in others very dissapointed.

The good are:

1. Very fastand slow zooming like pro camera
2. Fairly light for a shoulder mount
3. XLR inputs are great
4. Low light performance is very good - beautiful soft image
5. Shoulder mount camera makes you look good to clients but I find them cumbersome and really only better when on a tripod.

The bad are:

1. Picture in normal sunlight is flat. Previously I used a Sony TRV900 and there is no question that it had a more sharper "alive" image. The VX2100 is much sharper again.

1. My model of the DVC62 has an inheritant audio problem and I get distorted audio in loud situtations. Camera is about to be fixed hopefully it will be OK when it returns. This is a very common problem with the 62 but is fixable by panasonic.

2. LCD screen is only 2.5 inch and is rather poor quality

3. Batteries just don't last as long as the Sony's

As you do wedding I would go for a VX2100 or DC30 but again the VX2100 has a sharper more alive picture. Just my opinion though.

Keep in touch.

Dennis Cummins February 14th, 2006 07:51 AM

Dvx 100 Hd

Any one know when the DVX 100 HD is coming out?

Looking for a good mini DV HD camera with XLR plugs for under 5000, is this possible? any sugestions??!!