DVX100 -- various topics - Page 23 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 4th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #331
Inner Circle

a rocker is far more intuitive IMO, however if u have a focus puller at your disposal, or youve ever used a Fujinon or Canon broadcast lens, the throttle controller would be more intuitive for them..

if your shooting events etc, go the rocker..

IMO, if you have the budget for both, get one of each..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #332
Regular Crew

Major Help Needed... DVX100 part search

Over the weekend some friends and I filmed a short film for the 48 hour film project in the Washington DC area. During filming the Tripod mount on the bottom of my DVX-100 Broke in two places. The bottom plate is fine, but the actual part you screw the tripod plate into broke. This small piece of graphite is not listed on the Panasonic Website parts list as "Tripod Mount" I can't find anything. The closest I saw was binding head screw.

Does anyone know the technical name for this part and where I can get it at?

I need to fix my camera so I can resume shooting in two weeks on my film DEADLANDS.
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:41 AM   #333
Regular Crew

I don't know if this place will have what you want, but I need to replace the eye cup on my DVX100 before I sell it and the PartStore was the only place I found that had one listed. I haven't ordered from them yet, so this is not a recommendation.

http://www.partstore.com
Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:51 PM   #334
New Boot

Looking for Used DVX100A

I'm looking to purchase a second-hand DVX100A - anyopne know of any for sale?
AJ Handegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:09 AM   #335
Major Player

Focus question - DVX-100A

I have sometimes had difficulty getting exact focus with the DVX-100A, especially with fast-moving subjects. The focus-assist aid helps a lot, but I still find myself missing the focus point at times. I learned at the NAB that many professional camera operators prefer black and white viewfinders because they find it easier to identify the correct focus point. Does anyone adjust their DVX viewfinders to B & W to aid focusing ?
Mark Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 02:11 AM   #336
Inner Circle

yup, i run the EVF in BW and the LCD in colour (u cant change this) but u CAN elect to have both of them on when u flip the LCD open
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #337
Tourist

Need help buying a camera?

Just FYI, I wrote an article on my research site about buying a digital camcorder. I just recently had to go from knowing next to nothing about camcorders to buying a whole system, so I hope my adventure into the DV camera field is helpful to you! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

http://www.johnnyzone.com/research/i...d=1&artlang=en

http://www.johnnyzone.com

-- Find Helpful Information --
I add details from all the research I do to help you save time. From digital video to computer hardware, JohnnyZone.com is here to help!
John Washam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 12:00 AM   #338
Inner Circle

I think you missed a whole area that is of interest to people buying for the future. HDV or HD cameras. Sony has some great HDV cameras that shoot great HDV, in 16:9, and also shoot regular DV. Go for right around $2000 with rebate (See A1U). And of course your artificial price ceiling left you with 1/4 ccds instead moving into larger and popular 1/3 ccd cameras such as the Sony VX2100.
Old July 8th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #339
New Boot

DVX for sale

Hey,
I have a used DVX that I am interested in possibly selling. E-mail me at robertpb@jmu.edu, if you are still interested.

Thanks,
paul
Paul Benjamin Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #340
New Boot

buying dvx100b w/o accessories

It seems everywhere i look places are selling the dvx b with all these accessories. I am looking for a place that has just the camera for sale at a good price. From the looks on ebay, that tripod looks like it will just "get the job done". I'd rather skip out on the accessories and put my money into the accessories at a later time. Any helpfull advice will be great. Thanks so much.

steven
Steven Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #341
Wrangler

Please everyone, patronize our sponsors. They've been screened for low prices, integrity and the best service. The full list is here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/

Out of respect for them we don't allow discussion of other vendors here. Please support the people who support this site, and thanks for your understanding.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 02:07 PM   #342
Major Player

dropped frames during capture

I can capture video onto my computer with my old sony camera with no dropped frames, but when I try to capture with the dvx100b, dropped frames every time. I've disabled every program on my computer that I can - nothing else is running.

Shouldn't the signal coming out of the two cameras be the same - a DV signal?

I'm captuing thru Premier Pro using firewire. I can't figure why one should work and the other not!

Is there some switch I forgot to flip somewheres?

Thanks. Bob.

Last edited by Robert Bobson; July 21st, 2006 at 02:45 PM.
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:11 AM   #343
Major Player

problem solved

I found that the video I captured with the sony still did not play back correctly.

Turns out that my new high-speed internet cable connection was causing the trouble. even though the browser was closed, the cable was apparently still sending lots of info into the computer. It wasn't even noticable on the Task Manager. (98% of resources were set to Idle.)

Whatever the reason, I unplugged the cable, and capture and playback are back to normal.

Ya-hoooo! :)
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 04:16 AM   #344
Regular Crew

Old AJ-D700

I know of an an old Panasonic AJ-D700 going cheap (about 1000 USD).
http://www.broadcaststore.com/dsp_im...me=19565%2Ejpg

It is old enough to have problems with the blacks (becoming blacked out) but was until recently used for TV.
I has been used for
Operation 1850
Drum 1590
All the same it seems very reasonable and might be nice to use in good light.

What I am wondering about is, how come there is no digital output from the camera (only analogue) and whether this is a problem.

Tim
Timothy Takemoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 07:42 PM   #345
Regular Crew

It went for about 1100 dollars on Japanese version of ebay.
Timothy Takemoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant