DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   DVX100 -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/10753-dvx100-various-topics.html)

Stephen van Vuuren December 9th, 2003 09:52 PM

Check some of the links at the top of this forum, especially Adam Wilt's site, for detailed information, but the short answer is, anything the XL1s does, the DVX100/a does better... (except interchangeble lenses)

Frame mode is simply 30 frames per second rather than 60 interlaced frame. However, it's not full resolution, but used pixel shift to give about 360 lines rather 480.

The DVX100/A do both 24 and 30 frames per second, full resolution with much finer control of gamma, detail, matrix etc.

The staccatto gladiator, ryan look is using a narrow shutter angle which you can simulate using a high shutteer speed (1/250 or so), speed and lighting changes.

Lambis Stratoudakis December 24th, 2003 08:31 AM

Can the AG-DVX100 roll a slave DV camcorder?

Hello and Marry Cristmas !

Can the AG-DVX100 roll a slave DV camcorder?
So that I have a safety tape from what shoot without having to pull a dub afterwards?

Lambis

Peter Jefferson December 24th, 2003 09:08 AM

yup, ther eare actual settings you can configure to trigger the start, whether it be a duplicate recording, or whether is a start point set according to tape remaing from the master (basically it allows non stop recording with seemless tape change :) )

Brian Zamen January 8th, 2004 11:10 AM

100a zoom range

what is the zoom range on the dvx100a with the stock lens?

Barry Green January 8th, 2004 12:56 PM

10:1, from 4.5mm to 45mm (32.5mm - 325mm in 35mm equivalent terms)

Young Lee January 8th, 2004 09:47 PM

DVFilmMaker & S-Spline Pro

This time, there's far less jaggies--thanks to DVFilmMaker.

http://www.dvuser.co.kr/zboard/view....sc=asc&no=9491

Oh, those grabs are from my MX5000 video footage, but I just wanted to show you guys what DVFilmMaker and S-Spline Pro can do.

Young Lee January 8th, 2004 10:10 PM

Frame Grab Uprezzed to 1280x720

http://www.dvuser.co.kr/zboard/data/gallery/srule2.jpg

Neftali Cano January 12th, 2004 09:54 PM

Mack Warranty...?

I am planning on replacing my PD100a with a DVC80 for industrial work...but I wanted to know what luck or comments buyers here have had with purchasing a Mack warranty.

I have bought from BH before, but I bought into a GE finance warranty on both my vx1000 and pd100a. Both of these cameras were serviced by a local Sony dealer with no problem.

Not sure about this Mack, which does sound good for $169 and 4 years.

Also, anyone know offhand if/when buying with an AmEx (business) if they extend the warranty for you? I will call of course, but if I can get at least a 2nd year then I probably would forgo the 4 year Mack warranty.

NEF

Stephen van Vuuren January 12th, 2004 10:11 PM

I've got and had them but never had to use one (knock on wood). I have transferred the warranty to another buyer, so that works.

Kris Sears January 18th, 2004 07:03 PM

Shotgun mic query . . .

Hey there. I am interested in getting a Panasonisc DVX 100 and want to know which mic would be suitable for it. I have a limit of $200 to put into it. I plan on using the camera for documentary filming and would like the best pick up that a mic can offer. Thanks.

Aaron Koolen January 18th, 2004 09:01 PM

Kris, do a search for "shotgun" or such on the forums. There have been large threads going on very recently that tested a whole range of mics, shotguns, cardiods, hypers etc. I'm not sure but you might be able to get an Oktava MC012, single capsule, for a couple of hundred.

Here's one of the threads

Cheers
Aaron

Scott Plowman January 21st, 2004 02:57 PM

DVX 100A Head Reliability

I thougth I had read somewhere awhile back that the heads on the new DVX 100 "A" were improved.. I am unable however to find any reference to this within panasonic literature.. Can anyone shed light on this issue???? Thanks

Stefan Scherperel January 22nd, 2004 01:08 AM

We'll I can't give you any official information, I can tell you that I have 20hrs logged on the 100a and still have yet to see a single drop out. I even shot the first tape (a practice tape for me) in LP mode, and still got perfect footage. I only use the MQ tapes, so I can't say with other tape brands.

Vincent Im January 23rd, 2004 08:03 PM

max weight on shoe

Anyone know the maximum weight of an accessory you can put on the hotshoe of dvx100a?

More specifically, I'm interested in putting a light on the shoe and didn't want to break it by putting on a heavy light.

Incidentally, anyone know the weight of a bescor 635 light? Their website nor B&H indicate how much it weights.

Thank you,
Vincent

Rob Lohman January 25th, 2004 10:07 AM

If it isn't listed in the manual I'd contact Panasonic, just to be safe!