Looking for Anamorphic lens/ DVX100 Footage to analyze - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:13 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Morrell : No, I dont have a field monitor. Its not practicle for weddings. But I have gone the full range of fucus whith finding focus. I might be able to get closer with a monitor, but i still don't think its possible to obtain focus.

http://www.bigdigital.us/dvx100/

click on the above link for an example.
Is there anyway to move the anamorphic adapter closer/further from the fixed lens? If there is, I would setup on a tripod and try and focus using telephoto on a test pattern card setting the adapter at different distances from the main lens. I would do this using a larger monitor, not the LCD. Try and find the maximum telephoto and best adjustment for the adapter. Do this for both cameras and keep a log of your findings.

I suppose it could be that the lens on this DVX100 just isn't going to do extreme telephoto using an anamorphic adapter. Then again it may be that the adapter must be *fitted* to each camera it is used on.

In either case, it would be nice for Panasonic to let us know.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 08:57 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I will record a test pattern at varrying distances. But I will not be able to do this for two or three weeks, and only if I do not send the lenses back before that time. I will use a large 32" HD monitor to establish focus for this test.
Mike Morrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2003, 02:30 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Thanks for putting up the clips. I was just able to get them to download right.

How do I set the anamorphic ones to look right in FCP? I have not worked with sqeezed clips in FCP before. Thanks

Michael Pappas
www.pbase.com/arrfilms
www.pbase.com/pappasarts9
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2003, 05:03 AM   #19
Major Player

If one uses LB mode on the DVX100, is one loosing 100 lines of resolution even though the LB mode looks close to the Anamorphic adapter?
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant