wireless receiver at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 22nd, 2003, 11:28 PM   #1
Skyonic New York

wireless receiver

where do you folks put yours...i will be using an evo 100 from sen
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 01:08 AM   #2
Major Player

http://www.videosmith.com/

Check out their Mini Rover with Mini Mate. (Halfway down on the page.)
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Check out the auxilary box for the Mini Rover. I think I will get it. I called Videosmith and they said it is 2"x4"x5.5" and does not require the Mini Rover. In other words, it comes with the hardware necessary to mount it between the camera and tripod. It's $79.95 at B&H.
Old June 26th, 2003, 04:35 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The latest Sennheiser radio mics come with a tough, self adhesive "solid Velcro". On my VX2000 the side of the VAP OIS housing forms a perfect - and I mean perfect - place to attach this velcro. The mating piece is stuck to the alloy case of the mic's radio receiver and they snap together and don't move a mm.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 08:57 AM   #5
Major Player

low-cost alternative to BEC & Bracket1 mounts

I'll soon post photos of my low-budget home-made receiver mount. Cost me all of $7.41 and five minutes. It's a modified Targus Micro camera pouch (http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=DBMC00) hanging off the handstrap. This is a perfect fit for Samson UM1 and UM32 receivers, and will probably fit a few others, including Sennheiser Evolution 100. You can pick up this case at almost any camera store. (I found mine at Best Buy and snagged the last one after making my UM32 was snug inside.)

I mounted my receiver to a DVC80 and didn't really notice any shift in camera balance to the front or rear. I hang the receiver at the very back of the handstrap so that I can see the LEDs and change settings quickly if needed. It looks very professional, like it came with the camera.

Targus also makes a koskin leather version for a few dollars more. They make similar camera/PDA cases that you can probably use for larger recievers like AT and Azden.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 09:47 AM   #6
Skyonic New York

no cost alternative

i guess i should post what i did for others, and i know this seems like it should not work but it does and has for about 10 hours of shooting for the past 3 months....

i used my panasonic shoulder strap 'holding band' to wrap around my evo and dvx hand strap, the evo giggles but holds tighter mario andretti's clutch...

ohh i forgot to mention i used an adhesive velcro on the evo unit to keep it from sliding out, as the 'holding band' is basically a stretchy velcro with a loop at the end of it
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #7
Major Player

Re: no cost alternative

<<<-- Originally posted by Robert Mann Z. : i guess i should post what i did for others, and i know this seems like it should not work but it does and has for about 10 hours of shooting for the past 3 months....

i used my panasonic shoulder strap 'holding band' to wrap around my evo and dvx hand strap, the evo giggles but holds tighter mario andretti's clutch...

ohh i forgot to mention i used an adhesive velcro on the evo unit to keep it from sliding out, as the 'holding band' is basically a stretchy velcro with a loop at the end of it -->>>
I'd like to see a picture of that. If it's working out, then more power to you!
Tim Borek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant