30P in DVX100B & DVC30 look different at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old February 1st, 2008, 01:09 PM   #1
New Boot

30P in DVX100B & DVC30 look different

I use the DVC30 for a back-up cam to aid the DVX for my wedding ceremonies etc. I have come to notice that the 30P footage of the DVC30 actually looks better than the DVX, any truth to this? Why would this be if true? I have matched both cams (via settings, etc.) as closely as possible; several settings are not available on the DVC30.

I am finding that the DVC30 images look even more film-like than the DVX's.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Scott Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Scott,

I haven't used the DVX100 much but am one of the first DVC30 owners in the US. I can attest to its SD 4:3 image quality. I have played DVDs I shot on the DVC30 on a 40 inch LCD TV and it holds up pretty good. For some reason it never was a popular cam. I hear now that it is no longer manufactered.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:51 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Mark for the reply. I really like mine; as I said it is a back-up for my DVX100 and I also use it for my Outdoor Media Shoots etc.; its 16x lens & low light capabilities come in handy!
Scott Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Tourist

I really like my DVC30 too. I use it solely for weddings and some school videos. The quality is really great.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM   #5
Major Player

I agree, the DVC30 is a stronger 60i sports and wildlife camera due to the lens, I disagree on the 30p shooting.

The 30 uses field some flavor of field doubling to pull off it's progressive mode, resulting in (as I recall) something like 40% lower resolution than a 100.

I find they can match up color wise quite well, but he sharpness and detail just isnt there when trying to cut them together.

That being said- my 30 made me a ton of money in its lifetime. When shooting 60i no one knew it wasnt a 100.
Kevin James is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant