Just Started! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 4th, 2008, 06:57 AM   #16
Major Player

Keep plugging away at it Yousha. Let me know how it all goes.

How did the tripod work out for you? What model did you get? My tripod is working quite well, but sometimes the pans aren't a smooth as I'd like, it's only got a semi-fluid head though (whatever that means).

Been really busy with our film, we've filmed more than 50% of it now though, phew!
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:10 AM   #17
Major Player

By the way that dolly I built isn't working very well. It's okay with the camera at wide angle but any telephoto shots look unacceptably bumpy. This is the link to the design I emulated:

Joren Clark Dolly

I reckon if you're going to built one to choose another design. I used a shopping cart/trolly and that gave pretty much as good results as my homemade dolly trolly :( In some respects it's better as the bumpiness of the shopping cart seems more pleasing than that on the homemade dolly as it's a slower bumpiness if you know what I mean?!

The head of our mechanical workshops advised be to use box steel rails on a track with the dolly having pneumatic wheels to absorb bumps. I might try building one next year.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant