Issues with your DVX - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 3rd, 2003, 07:03 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Yes. Not only the DVX, but most above average camcorders will do this.
WW
William Wallick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 07:25 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Is there any reason why Sony so prominently features their "Analog to Digital Pass-Thru." Is there anything different about their's as opposed to the DVX100's or any other manufacturer's cam's?
Chris Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 08:05 PM   #18
Regular Crew

No, not that I am aware of.
WW
William Wallick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2003, 04:59 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Being a "cinema" camera the DVX has a "passthru" feature with extended options.

Im not in the studio now so i cant meess with em to tell you what they are, but rest assured, the DVX CAN be used as a passthru, as i have been using it alongside my old DS88 in "chain" mode which allows the DVX to trigger a start record on teh external unit if my tape in the DVX is runnin gat teh end, so u have seemless recording on 2 decks on 2 different tapes.

Id sugest you donwload a trial version of vegas and capture using the VidCap tool. this should work

Sony are driven by the market (as most companies are) and this "passthru" is a good selling feature, so they make it easy for novices and pros alike to be able to link an analogue source to their PC with no further HW required.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant