DVX100 - now what? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 11th, 2003, 10:04 AM   #1
Major Player

DVX100 - now what?

Yeah I know this is a really dumb question, but here goes!

After extensive research I have decided to purchase the PANI DVX100. I will be using it to 'learn' the craft of filmaking. Anyway, on to the question:

When I do get the camera, and run outside to shoot test shots (you know, get my feet wet) and play with the settings, what step is needed to view the footage?

What I mean is, raw footage. At this point, I will not worry about POST on a computer. Can I hook the CAMERA up to a tv and check out raw test footage?

Can someone tell me the options I have on this matter?
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Sure,
Either get an S-VIDEO cable or some normal "yellow/red/white" cables to go from the camera to your TV.

If you TV has an S-VIDEO input in the back (or on the front), then use that one 'cuz you get better picture quality than the ordinaly "yellow/red/white" jacks.

Have fun! Oh, and read the manual if you're not sure how to hook it up to the TV:)
Nick Medrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2003, 10:48 AM   #3
Major Player

Thank you! I was getting worried I would have to run out and buy a new computer just to check the footage out! My wife would have been like: "wtf!?"

Thank you.
John Hudson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant