removing the 3:2 pulldown with after effects 5.0? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 29th, 2003, 09:53 PM   #1
New Boot

removing the 3:2 pulldown with after effects 5.0?

hello everyone,

this is my first post and i'm quite new to the world of digital filmaking. i picked up a dvx 100 a few weeks ago and am loving it. at this point i plan on doing my editing with adobe premiere pro 6.0 and my effects with after effects 5.0... i have two questions:

(1)
the first question regards removing the 3:2 pulldown, so i can edit in 24p. can i use after effects to do this and then edit the footage in premiere? how would i do this? or should i use DV filmaker instead - if so, what would the advantages of this latter method be?

(2)
the second question, perhaps a basic one: what resolution should i capture my footage at, if i would like to make something i could potentially screen at an independent film festival?

great, thanks for any thoughts!

khenu singh
Khenu Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2003, 10:06 PM   #2
Space Hipster

I would strongly suggest you use DV Filmmaker (Lots of threads here on it) to remove the pulldown and not AE. It's much, much faster and lossless, easy to use and affordable.

Then you can easily edit it Premiere Pro at in DV resolutions.

PS Has anywone heard if Premiere Pro supports DVX100 natively?
Old September 30th, 2003, 12:24 AM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

Premier Pro doesn't support 24P Advanced, if that's what you're asking...
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2003, 10:28 AM   #4
Space Hipster

That's puzzling Barry. I'm glad I sold my Matrox RT2000 w/ Premiere 6 and upgraded my Vegas Audio to Vegas 4. I already used Sound Forge, Acid etc., so I was a big fan of the line anyway.

I love Photoshop, Illustrator and after effects but since Premiere Pro was last out of the gate, it's strange that they are ignoring the DVX100 users.
Old September 30th, 2003, 09:33 PM   #5
Barry Wan Kenobi

<<<-- Originally posted by Stephen van Vuuren :

I love Photoshop, Illustrator and after effects but since Premiere Pro was last out of the gate, it's strange that they are ignoring the DVX100 users. -->>>

There's been much discussion about this, on other boards. Adobe ignored the DVX100, and some people have tried to start a grassroots protest to get them to add the feature, and so far Adobe's response has reportedly been "it's an insignificant market presence so we aren't going to bother."
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant