where to put wireless receiver 400UDR at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 17th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

where to put wireless receiver 400UDR

Anyone have any tips on how/where to mount the Azden 400UDR receiver on the DVX100?
www.riverlightstudios.com
DVX100/Final Cut Pro 4/Mac G5 Dual 1.8
Mark Monciardini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 08:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

hey mark, im using a Benn bodypack transimitter and receiver, and teh onl place to hook the reciever is on the hand strap :(
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 09:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Here's what I did for my Sennheiser evolution (should be same principle).

I made two simple mounts. One slides into the shoe and the other is screwed into where the external mic mount screws into.

Mount 1:
1) Go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy a 3/4"x1/16" aluminum piece of metal, and some velcro if you don't already have some.

2) Either use a dremel, some sand paper or other grinding devide to grind off about 1/32" on the sides, 1" along the piece of metal, this is so if fits snug into the shoe (3/4" of an inch is just a tad too wide).

3) Cut the metal off at about 8" or 9" in length

4) Bend the metal an inch or two in up at a 100 or so degrees (or to your liking) so it slides into your shoe and the rest of it sticks upward.

5) Put velcro on the part sticking up and to the back of your receiver.

Mount 2:
1) Buy same thing as #1 above

2) Cut a piece about 3-4 inches long

3) Drill a 1/8" (I think - going by memory) hole about a half inch up from one end and centered width wise.

4) Use a screw from the external mic mount to screw this into one of the holes the mic mount screws into.

5) Attach velcro to it and your receiver

And you can also paint these matte black if you don't like the aluminum look. Also be sure and sand down any sharp edges or corners. I've been using the number 2 mount above exclusively and love it. I have it set up perfectly so my receiver's bottom sits snug against the camera and the height of the mount goes to the top of it. And I also have the other mount if I ever need it.

Total cost was $0.87 I believe, but I did already have velcro handy....
Sean R Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2003, 05:00 AM   #4
Inner Circle

hey sean, do u have any sizing figures or photos? prob i have though is that i use a light, so mounting to the shoe is a a tough choice...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

"so mounting to the shoe is a a tough choice..."

That's why I made the second one listed above, I started out with the shoe mount and later realized I needed the shoe for other things, so made the mic mount. If you're using both the shoe and the external mic mount then neither of these will probably work for you. You might have to resort to an expensive mount that fastens to the tripod mounting hole.

I'll try and post pictures next week when my wife returns with the digital camera.
Sean R Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 08:53 AM   #6
Major Player

low-cost alternative to BEC & Bracket1

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : hey mark, im using a Benn bodypack transimitter and receiver, and teh onl place to hook the reciever is on the hand strap :( -->>>

I'll soon post photos of my low-budget home-made receiver mount. Cost me all of $7.41 and five minutes. It's a modified Targus Micro camera pouch (http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=DBMC00) hanging off the handstrap. This is a perfect fit for Samson UM1 and UM32 receivers, and will probably fit a few others, including Sennheiser Evolution 100. You can pick up this case at almost any camera store. (I found mine at Best Buy and snagged the last one after making my UM32 was snug inside.)

I mounted my receiver to a DVC80 and didn't really notice any shift in camera balance to the front or rear. I hang the receiver at the very back of the handstrap so that I can see the LEDs and change settings quickly if needed.

Targus also makes a koskin leather version for a few dollars more.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:23 AM   #7
Major Player

Put a velcro strip on the top of the handle between the handle zoom rocker and the rear remote sensor. This works well for me. Not in the way of anything important.
Rob Easler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 06:21 PM   #8
Regular Crew

www.bracket1.com
works great. i've had a 200 series or two lectro 100 series rx up there. solid. good placement. the BEC bracket moves the rx more to the rear which may work for you, but its much more expensive.
Old March 25th, 2004, 01:03 AM   #9
Major Player

i first got the bracket1

hated it.

it is fairly heavy but more importantly, it moves almost all of its weight waaay forward.

if you are only using a tripod great, but it wreaks havoc with the weight and balance of the camera...

then i got a mini-rover with the mate thing that goes on top to hold the wireless.

solved two problems, made handheld shoots a LOT more stable and less physically wearing and gave me a great place to put my senn 500 receiver.

i use it even on the tripod as it keeps the reciever out of the way.

matthew
Matthew de Jongh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2004, 11:40 PM   #10
Major Player

Here's an option!

I solved my problem for less than $8.
http://www.geocities.com/tborek/Samson_Pouch.html

Good luck!
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2004, 06:55 AM   #11
Major Player

the mini rover is more for adding stability and reducing fatigue for handheld shots.

matthew
Matthew de Jongh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant